Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first post here as it was recommended by someone on a video I made. They invited me to come check it out. I like this rifle but I have had a love hate relationship with it ever since getting it.

Here is a link to the 4 part video series if you are interested. Ultimately it went back and I recently took it out shooting. If you are interested in the video and want to provide some critique I welcome the exchange.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just skimmed your vids. If you have specific questions we've got specific answers!

Looks like you had the infamous "walking extractor axis pin." There's a newly designed bolt that appears to fix this issue. You can have it swapped for free, even if you never experienced pin walking issues (better safe than sorry).

Here's a post I made about it with side by side photos of the bolts (since you just had yours serviced, you should check to see if they swapped in a new bolt): http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/new-rdb-bolt-side-side-comparison-267477/

Looks like you're also having issues with steel cased ammo. That's almost always a gas setting issue. What works for brass does not always work for steel (oftentimes loaded to lower pressures and prone to increased friction during extraction, etc.). If you plan on shooting both, best to adjust your gas for steel specifically (which should still run brass fine, if not a little over gassed).

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw your post after I subscribed, that is a good one. I wanted to document my experience with KelTec as I have heard mixed issues with their products over the past and I wanted to do it in a neutral way.

Thanks for the comments, I need to clean it after this last outing so I will look at it when I get it stripped down.

Just skimmed your vids. If you have specific questions we've got specific answers!

Looks like you had the infamous "walking extractor axis pin." There's a newly designed bolt that appears to fix this issue. You can have it swapped for free, even if you never experienced pin walking issues (better safe than sorry).

Here's a post I made about it with side by side photos of the bolts (since you just had yours serviced, you should check to see if they swapped in a new bolt): http://www.thektog.org/forum/f119/new-rdb-bolt-side-side-comparison-267477/

Looks like you're also having issues with steel cased ammo. That's almost always a gas setting issue. What works for brass does not always work for steel (oftentimes loaded to lower pressures and prone to increased friction during extraction, etc.). If you plan on shooting both, best to adjust your gas for steel specifically (which should still run brass fine, if not a little over gassed).

Anyway, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nighthawk,

Looks like ur shooting at Bullethole in San Antonio. That is my gun range of choice! U really cant beat their private bay deal. Did u pick up ur RDB locally?
It is Bullethole you called it! I can only do the bays, the lines are a problem for me and my temperment.

I got it from Nagel's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.