My range report

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Nexttime, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Nexttime

Nexttime Member

Dec 5, 2008
    It was a balmy 52 degrees today so I hit the range.

Brand new P3AT, with a K serial number, all black.

I picked up .380 blazer, American Eagle and Federal HST.

I put a drop of gunzilla on the slide rail before shooting and worked the slide back and first a few times before inserting a magazine.

On the very first trigger squeeze, I probably wasn't expecting the pull to be as long as it was. So, I chalk that one up to learning the feel of the gun. I cycled the slide, and watched the round pop out. Every shot went smoothly from there. I ran 5 full mags of each brand. Alternating brands with each magazine. Not one FTF or other issue.

After the first few shots on each new magazine I could really feel the jarring effect on my hand. I have no doubt about the effective nature of the gun as a .380 backup piece or as a primary when a larger gun is not practical to conceal. Practice wise, I don't see myself shooting more than 3 to 4 magazines in any one setting which is more than acceptable to me. I normally shoot around 50 to 100 9mm when practicing with my primary CCW.

I did pop that 1st round into a magazine and fire it just before I started to clean up my station at the range.

The bottom part of the trigger (the sharp end) does dig into my index finger a little more than I would like. This is just my opinion of course and I may get used to it over time.

For the money, I don't really see how any can go wrong with the P3AT. The size and weight is excellent. My grouping at 10 yards was quite nice. Checking out my first target after the first magazine put a big smile on my face. If I can find my camera I can post the targets I shot from various distances at the range.

I can and will recommend this model to any friends looking into a .380.

2. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    It is a great little gun isn't it. Can carry it anywhere in many different ways. It does have a bite though, I usually only shoot about 4 mags through mine in a session.

3. Kel007

Kel007 New Member

Feb 9, 2009
    I had the same issues with the trigger. I just ordered a trig shoe. Will post my feedback later during the week.