My P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Gramps300, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    This is the latest configuration of my new P3AT.  It includes modified sights from my P11/P40 spares box, Clipdraw clip, Crimson Trace laser and KT finger extension on the mag.  As regards the CT laser, there are good and bad points to consider.  On the plus side, it is far easier to install than the Armalaser and, in my opinion, is a better fit on this little pistol, not as obtrusive.  On the minus side, there is no way to turn it off, so any time you handle the gun, it comes on.  The pressure switch is very sensitive and it is too easy to flash it on your or somebody else's eyes.

This little .380 is, for me, more accurate than my P11 or P40, and has relegated the two "big" guns to the nether lands, one by the bed and the other alongside a pillow on the couch.  The little guy rests in the watch pocket of my jeans.

[​IMG]

2. one_gun

one_gun New Member

Jan 17, 2007
    Cool!
    I like the sights :)
    How did you put them on? :-/
    Can you take a closeup picture of them.

3. NAS_T_MAG

NAS_T_MAG New Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Wow! I don't think I would ever shine a laser in anyone's eyes unless I intended to shoot them. Plus I'm a bad man......I didn't put the sticker on my gun. LOL
    [​IMG]

4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Ditto. I might have to try this sight mod.

Those look like P-11 sights. Did you glue them on? Does it affect holster fit in any negative ways?

[edit]
    [/edit]

Sometimes I wonder why it is a miss details when reading a post. As clear as day when I reread the thread. The sights are P-11 sights as the OP pointed out. Doh!

5. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    NAS_T_MAG,

From your picture it looks as if you put the CT Laser on without cutting the rubber grip sleeve, is that correct? Do you also have a pad under the finger side of that grip sleeve?

Thanks...

6. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Right now, the sights were trimmed to give a solid flat base, and are glued on using some Loctite Super Glue that I had around.  Ran 50 rounds through it and in and out of my watch pocket a dozen times or so.  So far it's still solid, but I plan to  get a better grade Loctite next time into town.  I might even try a bit of the adhesive strip that comes with the Clipdraw and see how that works if they come loose.  No change to the slide itself except cleaning with an alcohol patch, so I can just experiment to find what works best.  Sure is nice to have usable sights when shooting in bright sun and can't see the laser dot.  Gun shoots just a bit high until you find the right sight picture.

7. Gramps300

Gramps300 New Member

Apr 21, 2009
    [quote author=BillK link=1256313149/0#4 date=1256341123]NAS_T_MAG,

From your picture it looks as if you put the CT Laser on without cutting the rubber grip sleeve, is that correct? Do you also have a pad under the finger side of that grip sleeve?

There is no sleeve on this pistol, I've yet to find one that fits properly.  Both the p11 and p40 have Handall jrs.  On the p40 it is stretched over a strip of recoil material at the back of the grip..

8. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    It's very expensive, but you can try the "Right Stuff". I think that is the name of it. Look for other posts on it. I used it to mount waly world shot gun site to the front of mine and had to use a razor blade to get it off. That was after it had been on for about three months, it holds really well. Tom :)