Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
same thing here...carry in an uncle mikes sidekick and the rear of the gun just above the serial # is about to poke through my favorite pair of jeans :-/...cant wait for my new Fist K5 to arrive!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir, gots me a nice holster. The wear is from the area where the serial number is rubbing against the jeans when I sit or work I guess. It would be just plain stupid to pocket carry a doa pistol that has no safety hehe.

·
Registered
846 Posts
manr0e said:
same thing here...carry in an uncle mikes sidekick and the rear of the gun just above the serial # is about to poke through my favorite pair of jeans :-/...cant wait for my new Fist K5 to arrive!
Mika pocket holster, and no issue with eating through my jeans. The gun doesnt tear up the synthetic riding pants when I am riding a motorcycle either. Its in my front pocket all of the time.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have 2 different Uncle Mike's pocket holsters and an inside the waist band holster. Personally,(I am not overweight at the waist),I find pocket holsters to be tight in some pants pockets and slap in others. As light as this gun is, I personally don't like the weight in a pants pocket.Inside the waist band I personally like because the weight is practically not noticeable. I personally prefer the Kel-Tec belt clip, and carry a 1 o'clock.I withdraw it by putting my middle finger under the tip of the clip,my thumb between my body and the butt of the gun and pulling up. I used the word personally several times, cause I was trying to satisfy those that will post and raise safety issues about using the belt clip. My opinion is personal, let the reader decide for themselves.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
fatman said:
These guns don't fire by themselves.  If you have worked out a technique with safety in mind and it works for you then it is safe for you.
+1

Belt clip or not, holster or not, it boils down to personal responsibility.  If it is safe for you, it is safe for you.

If others suggest problems with your carry method pay heed to their points, BUT the final decision rests with each one of us for our personal situation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Buy new pants. Or go to Walmart, buy some iron on patches, turn your pockets inside out and iron on a patch.

I am starting to carry my new PF9 rear pocket, and will be modifing my pocket to make it longer with the pocket modification posted here several months ago. I will try to find a link to it. You could reinforce your pockets at the same time.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, and sorry I didnt respond earlier, I am moving and havent been online for a bit.

And yes K&D holsters made it for me and I love it. Highly recomend them If you have the patients (custom holsters usually require a bit of a wait but the quality shows).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.