My P3at is AWESOME !!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JohnnyBmore, Dec 9, 2008.

1. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    So I put my first 100rnd's through my P3at today & all I can say is WOW!!! the gun was way better then what I was expecting especially with all the "story's" .. It was way more accurate then even hoped for !! & not one jam or any other problem in the first 100 rnds at least!! UGH!! NICE JOB KT!!! it even felt nice to shoot I had a blast with it!!

heres a pic of a target with three mags through it ...all shot as fast as I could while staying on target & all @ 25yards !!! two six rnd clips & one 7rnd with one in the chamber .. so 20 shots total!!

[​IMG]

now the only problem I could see after I was done was that the slide seems to be catching the brass on the way out leaving little dings of brass on it .........NO FTE's though
    could this be a problem ???
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jpaul

jpaul Member

Apr 23, 2008
    The brass hitting the slide is a non issue. A little Hopps and it will come right off.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Johnny,

As much as I like the P3AT I can say in all honesty that your shooting is even more awesome than the gun! Continued good luck with your P3AT.

Take care...

4. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    You weren't shooting at On Target by any chance were you?

5. sr9shooter

sr9shooter New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Good shooting!! I would do well to group that good at 25 feet with my p3at , and I doubt I could get on paper at 25 yards. I would not worry about the brass unless it was hitting me in the face.

6. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore New Member

Nov 30, 2008
    I do have a CT laser on it .... but i cant believe the little barrel allows such accuracy

7. Reeks

Reeks New Member

Nov 19, 2008
    I am also suprised on how well that little baby shoots.

8. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Johnny, Welcome to KTOG. Not to beat a dead horse, but the shooting is amazing, especially with a short barrel weapon designed for close range self defense. Like SR9shooter said, I'd be happy with that grouping at 25 feet. Keep us up to date. Again, welcome. Enjoy your new little friend.

tr

9. P-3aT_ShoTTer

P-3aT_ShoTTer New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    The brass hitting the slide is really a non-issue if everythig is tight and to spec, I've seen it ahppen a couple of times on new guns where the extractor spring scew backs out and you loose tension on the extracotr causing it to prematurly eject the brass in a semi-uncotrolled fashion. Just besure to check that screw and I would personally remove it and add a bit more blue locktite to it and reinstall it.

good luck and good shooting!

10. sr9shooter

sr9shooter New Member

Nov 25, 2008
    That settles it!! I have to have one of them lasers.

11. Iexpedite08

Iexpedite08 New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    That is a very nice grouping. I would hate to be a criminal in your neck of the woods. I never tried to group on paper but recently I was shooting leaves sitting on the ice in a local creek at 15 yards. It is really surprising what the little gun is capable of.

12. JohnnyBmore

JohnnyBmore New Member

Nov 30, 2008

WORD UP!! thanks

I Think all the criminals like my neck of the woods thats why theres so much crime ....lol Baltimore Ugh!

& Im still surprised ... I was expecting a toy that jams all the time & shoots sidways from all the storys lol but instead I got a reliable accurate weapon that makes me want to get my CC license !! lol & forget all the peeps that say its no fun to shoot ! after 100 rnds I wanted more ammo !! but Bummer my wallet was empty ...lol

13. samson369

samson369 New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have to agree, I love shooting this little guy. I had a chance to fire a friends ruger LCP, next to shooting my P3at, and handed right back in favor mine!

14. TheWrights2004

TheWrights2004 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    I just put my first hundred rounds through my p3 and have to say I am amazed at your accuracy from distance. I had groupings like that at 12 feet and a bit more spread at 25 feet. You are doing this at 75 feet IMO is phenomenal. I truly have to look at getting the CT laser for mine.

15. Mean_Bone

Mean_Bone New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Mine's lasered and still doesn't shoot that good.  25yds?  You lucked out and got a phenomenonally good KT.  

This ain't normal for the 3AT!

You better hang on to that one!!

16. B.N.Real

B.N.Real Guest

I have to say JohnnyBmore,that target is one of the finest I have ever seen at 25 yards from a teenie tiny handgun like the P3at .

I have NEVER been a fan of lasers on handguns but you have convinced me that I might have to get one.

Spectacular shooting,keep it up!