Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking over my P3AT, I realized just how much better I could make it look.
This is the end result. A polished to a mirror finish barrel, and the slide polished and glass beaded to a  
beautiful satin finish.
The finish is darned near as nice as my Rohrbaugh R9.

EDIT: NO COMMERCE

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slide work is cosmetic with the exception of cleaning and smoothing the firing pin hole.
Please e-mail me with any questions.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Now that the finish is gone, how do you propose to keep it from rusting?

rc

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rcmodel said:
Now that the finish is gone, how do you propose to keep it from rusting?

rc
I do the same thing I do with all of my handguns. I simply keep a very light film of oil on the slide.
I did the same proceedure to my PF9 over a year ago.
There has *never* been a trace of rust on the slide.  Nada. Zero.
And like my P3AT, it spends most of it's life in my pocket.

·
Registered
37 Posts
keep it oiled it won't rust..I did the same with mine, after awhile though, I coated it with cerama-coat... you did a nice job, looks great!
Steve

·
Registered
376 Posts
Looks fantastic! Nice job 68hodaka!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the compliment.
It really looks like a much higher dollar gun. The satin finish really looks good.
All that is needed is to keep a light film of oil on the slide.
It WON'T rust.

·
Registered
25 Posts
68hodaka said:
After looking over my P3AT, I realized just how much better I could make it look.
This is the end result. A polished to a mirror finish barrel, and the slide polished and glass beaded to a  
beautiful satin finish.
The finish is darned near as nice as my Rohrbaugh R9.

EDIT: NO COMMERCE

Very nice!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
that thing looks great. so you took the factory finish all the way off? thats not the hard chrome that was bead blasted?
john

·
Registered
18 Posts
That really looks great, have you posted steps on how you did it. My blueing is really starting to fade and I am looking at other options.

·
Registered
131 Posts
cherry911 said:
That really looks great, have you posted steps on how you did it.  My blueing is really starting to fade and I am looking at other options.
The factory finish can be removed in about 5 minutes with absolutely no scrubbing on your part. Simply place the slide in a bowl of Distilled Vinegar and the bluing falls off after a few minutes. Then you just wipe it clean.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts