Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the shooting range a few minutes ago. Went there to finish the break in for my new/replaced P-3AT. The little gun put on quite the show for 4 onlookers. They were very impressed by the performance, size and power. Everyone was watching and I let one of them try it out. I was knocking down steel plates and hit stationary steel targets with ease.
I put 100 rounds threw it, 4 of which were reloads and had 1 FTE. The FTE happed after 85 rounds and my hands were filthy at the time. I blame a dirty gun for that FTE. The next 15 rounds went fine. I now have about 190 rounds shot since KT replaced my gun. This gun works perfectly. My old one was a POS. I guess you can get a lemon with anything mechanical.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
onefunzr2 said:
While at the range as an inadvertent P3-AT salesman, did you drum up any sales?

BTW, did you find a way to conceal your P3-AT in your vette?

Those guys seeemed interested in the KT. I did end up placing my KT in the Vettes center console. I can get to it pretty fast.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I too just got back from the rainy woods for the first try with the P3. 150 rounds of 95 grain Winchester, flawless. I wish there was a way to adjust the elevation in the Armalaser. Azimuth was right on, elevation was low. 12 paces, big (wet)paper plate, after a number of rounds I figured to aim about 6" above the target. I forgot to try it without the laser. I'd send pics if I could figure out how.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
mastercrasher said:
I too just got back from the rainy woods for the first try with the P3. 150 rounds of 95 grain Winchester, flawless. I wish there was a way to adjust the elevation in the Armalaser. Azimuth was right on, elevation was low. 12 paces, big (wet)paper plate, after a number of rounds I figured to aim about 6" above the target. I forgot to try it without the laser. I'd send pics if I could figure out how.
The new ArmaLasers have an elevation adjustment. They had an offer to upgrade an older version to a new one or even to another gun model for about $30. You might want to check and see if the offer is still open. www.armalaser.com

How to add photos:
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=501;action=display;num=1115586716

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
MC - where did you get your Armalaser? It seems there are several "versions" out there and that is one thing that has me a bit scared from buying anywhere other than armalaser direct. Does yours have one or two "S" bars to bolt it on with?

It seems $30 cheaper somewhere else may not be cheaper if I have to pay for an upgrade! But both ebay sellers I have asked of course "guarnteed" me that theirs was the latest version. That combined with the fact that Armalaser supports this board - me thinks for me it is a better idea to buy direct from them.

-Scott

mastercrasher said:

·
Banned
7,638 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
I sent my armalaser in becuase it just quit. Yes, there is a new version with elevation as well as azimuth. They are upgrading me since I purchased one of the earlier versions at no charge because it died. Great customer service. I also just received my slide back from www.gunblue.homestead.com. Absolutely beautiful polished deep dark blue. The .45 slide does out monday. very reasonable prices (listed in the site) and fast turn around.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.