Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought you all might be interested in my unusual pocket carry setup. Features include:
  • Entire package weights only 14.5 ounces
  • Includes 15 rounds
  • Breaks up the outline of the pistol well
  • Super-Bright Green ArmaLaser
  • Includes trigger guard (prior version of this quard)
    • I prefer the extra precaution as my kids are always climbing all over me.
    • I modified the trigger guard so that I can pop it out easily, as I draw.
    • I modified the box (obviously) so that I can begin popping out the trigger guard as I draw.
  • Box, which is cut from used Prilosec or Omeprazole package, fits the width of the gun perfectly. I then cover the box in black duct tape.
  • Most importantly, I carry it every day without fail.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I actually tried that holster first. But I'm not a big dude, so the holster didn't help with printing. It even seemed to make things worse!

My current setup doesn't print at all until the box starts to wear down (conform to the gun), which is several months' time at least. Even then, it's not bad, as the spare magazine provides support. When the box wears, I just cut a new one. But when the box is fresh, it looks like a phone or wallet in my pocket.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I am from the school that teaches "I don't care" if others see that I'm printing and keeping that P32 in my front right pocket without a holster.

Most time I use a Desantis pocket holster, unless I'm going somewhere where unknown people / crowds exist.

Every second counts in an encounter with the bad guy. If I feel I'm dressed in pants that might snag the pocketed holster, I'll leave home without that holster.

My larger handguns?...... all have IWB Clinger Stingray holsters. I would never use cardboard holsters personally. $30 for a real holster is peanuts change, when describing the possible need for imminent safety.

Never put a price on quality safety, unless you are unemployed.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Like the use of the omeprozale package... Not a fan of trigger gaurds... I have intentionally tried to pull the trigger through my pants to no avail it simply will NOT happen..
I carry with a belt clip at 4 and really don't know its there... With me 25/8...I concur with Joe's post and care less about printing but then again this is an open carry state...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nice setup and very innovative idea. I use the uncle mike's pocket holster for my pocket carry. It does print sometimes when sitting down. But not enough to cause anyone to say anything.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I usually use this pocket kydex holster I made with my press. The extra mag is in the opposite pocket in a surplus European .32/.380 mag holder made for a belt. I like my mags on the opposite side for easier reloading.

·
Registered
7,092 Posts
Ditch the "trigger plug" and just get (or make) a pocket holster that covers the trigger completely. Those little "trigger plug" thingies are totally a bad idea in general; I don't care how often you practice, in the heat of the moment when SHTF, I absolutely guarantee you'll forget it's there and will try to pull the trigger and get nothing because it's in the way. It's not like the P32 has a short, light trigger, anyways - you have to REALLY want that thing to go off before it'll fire.

FWIW, my pocket carry for the P32 has long been a Desantis Superfly, carried in my right-rear pocket. On those rare occasions where the P32 is my primary (mainly just when I go to the gym to run on the treadmill - even my Ruger LCP can't replace it in that role, because the P32 is so light), I have a 10-round mag in a SHTF Gear/Black Arch horizontal holster as my spare, otherwise the P32 is either just a backup gun to my primary or it's hiding out under my computer desk on a magnet. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.