Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you're a brand new P3-AT owner, like me, here's some fresh from the range comments. A SPECIAL thanks to all of the Forum members who helped me.
I'm an experienced pistol shooter. I bought the Kel-Tec .380 as my carry gun. A replacement for a larger caliber pistol. I'm getting older, the other auto was getting heavier!

I cleaned and oiled it lightly out of the box. Loaded the mag that came with it with Federal .380 Full metal Jacketed ammo. It never missed a beat. I than put the rest of the 50 round Federal box thru it and a box of Winchester USA which I had(don't like them) and it was not only flawless, I was able to hit some aborted CD disc at about 12 yards. I have a relatively small hand and the pistol was absolutely painless.
Next I did the same with the spare Kel-Tec factory mag that I bought. Two stoves pipes on the fist 13 rounds. Than 100 more rounds functioned as intended. Lastly two mags full of Cor-Bon witch I plan to use for self defense. Hardly any "recoil difference, perfects function.
Conclusion. THE VERY BEST SMALL HANDGUN I HAVE EVER FIRED.
Now I'm thinking about the Kel-Tec PLR16 .223 "pistol." I'd appreciate any input.

How's this for openers. The gun is outstanding!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
harko5 said:
Now I'm thinking about the Kel-Tec PLR16 .223 "pistol." I'd appreciate any input.
PLRs are too much fun for folks that are “getting older”. You would forget you age, smile too big and loose your dentures ;D

With a PLR-16 you need have the range all to your self otherwise you have all those pesky people standing around asking stupid questions. Is that legal? Is it a flame-thrower? Where did you get it? How much did it cost?

Wilson – who’s trying to keep all the fun to himself :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had similar experiences with my first P3AT and just a few Hic-ups with the second. It seems to have smoothed out now at 100 rounds test fired.

I am betting my life on them, so I guess that is as strong an endorsement as I can give.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Ditto That Harko
I bought my parkerized 2nd gen used, had a fluff and buff done on it and I've been sleeping with her ever since. Will hardly set foot off the property without her next to my heart. I've owned couple of P11s, and the P-32, and I like the .38T the best.
Best thing out there for the price! ;D

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
wgoble said:
Ditto That Harko
I bought my parkerized 2nd gen used, had a fluff and buff done on it and I've been sleeping with her ever since. Will hardly set foot off the property without her next to my heart. I've owned couple of P11s, and the P-32, and I like the .38T the best.
Best thing out there for the price! ;D
Best thing out there PERIOD! The P3AT HAS no peers at ANY price!

Packer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.