My newest addition to the CCW collection

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kjhilsinger, Feb 23, 2009.

1. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Here is a couple pics of my new to me p3at. I piucked it up in a trade and absolutely love it so far. I like the comfort of the belt clip and the fact that just floating in my front pocket, you can't even tell that I am carrying. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, so it won't be carried this week, but as soon as I can prove its reliability, this will probably have a good spot in my concealable carry guns section of the safe.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    Now, all you need is a pinkie extension and a Crimson Trace Laser!

3. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    no need for the pinky ext, i think it will be ok as it is, and as far as a laser goes, I think they are quite a bit over rated. I have had a couple lasers on other guns, and to be perfectly honest, in a SD situation im not waiting to find the red dot on someone before I pull the trigger. I will just point and shoot.

4. wcgoble

wcgoble Banned

Oct 23, 2007
    I used to be of the same opinion, always thought a laser on a mousegun to be 'egregious' and thought the pinkie extension would print out on the pointy end. RCModel told me that people don't generally 'look down there' for a gun print and I was forced to agree. I've put a CT on every pistol/revolver I own and I have to admit it cuts aiming time by about 50% in that one doesn't have to bring the weapon up to line of site. Aren't ALL guns 'point and shoot'? ;)
    The grip extension keeps the little bucker from moving around in one's hand too much during quick shots and makes quite a bit of difference regarding recoil control. I debated a long time between using the mag with or without the extention, and practice with both.
    I'm sure you'll be well satisfied with whatever configuration you settle on.
    Oh, and BTW, I used to eschew the belt clip but now I won't carry any other way.
    You'll find every shooter here has an opinion, with good arguments for his/her particular 'mode de emploi'.
    Welcome, Cheers, and HAPPY SHOOTING! :)

5. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    +1
    Although, I recommend cutting and sanding the pinkie extension down to the bare minimum for a good two finger hold. Then the extra printing size isn't an issue.

Congrats on the new P3at anyways. If it proves reliable it may end up being your favorite CCW.

6. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I am not worried about the pinky extension printing, I just don't need one to control the gun. I have small hands and am perfectly comfortable shooting without the extension. As far a s a laser goes, I don't know if I can justify spending the money on one knowing that in a SD situation I probably won't have the time or the concern to aim. In practicing defensive draw, I draw, point the gun in the direction I need to shoot, and pull the trigger. I don't pull the gun up to my line of site, not that the p3at sites are easy enough to pick up quickly anyways.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9uGktUCrY[/ame] Looks just like that guy!!! haha