Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a P3AT after shooting a friends. I did the F&B while waiting for the weather to break. It shoots fine but I'm going to have to try some different grips as it was trying to "walk" out of my hand. I've got the finger extension coming and hoping that it will help me get a better grip on it. Does anybody else laugh when this thing ejects the casing straight up and off the roof and back down onto your head? ;D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome, they are a lot of fun. I usually find my empties about 15 feet behind and to the right. The P3 is kinda hard on spent cases. I don't use any add on grips or extensions, just hold on tight.

·
Registered
269 Posts
chaos321 said:
Does anybody else laugh when this thing ejects the casing straight up and off the roof and back down onto your head? ;D
My first shot with my P11 the spent case hit me in the forehead. Subsequent shots did the same or landed on top of my head or on my shoulder. After the first mag I just had to admire the irony of my SD weapon 'assaulting' me, and I laughed for several minutes. I just couldn't explain to my 17 year old son why that was funny - but it was.

Haven't shot my P3AT yet, so I don't know how it ejects. But forewarned is fore armed!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Actually I  :'( a little because my brother does reloads for me and I never recover all my P3AT brass from my practice sessions. My brass "generally" flys to the back and right. By genearally I mean maybe 2 or three rounds out of six the other 3-4 rounds can land anywhere around the clock and yes even on the top of my head  :eek:.

Take care...

·
Registered
259 Posts
I had a casing eject up and break a florescent bulb above my head in an indoor range.

While the finger extension will help with control, you should also try a Brooks Tactical A-Grip. You would be surprised how much more control you have.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm having fun with it. I'll try different grips with it. I'm going to try some F4 tape(for you military guys) to see if that works for me. I know when I pick up my brass they are dented from hitting the roof hard?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
raymac1215 said:
I have to agree, that P3AT surprised the hell out of me with how far it can throw brass !! Fun....isn't it!!
I don't know how far yet. The roof at my range is maybe 2 feet above my head. So they go straight up and come back down in a hurry. I just stop pulling the trigger, laugh a little bit and then resume the fun!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
my p3at is a brass thrower. i never get it all back when i shoot it. bad for me and reloading. i am lucky to get/find 80% at the end of the day. come to think all of my kel tec's throw brass all over the place.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
DevilDog341 said:
I had a casing eject up and break a florescent bulb above my head in an indoor range.  

While the finger extension will help with control, you should also try a Brooks Tactical A-Grip.  You would be surprised how much more control you have.

STRONG Springs!? OORA!

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
Ah yes, another opportunity to post a few of my favorite P3AT pics;

In the last pic the casing is on it's way back DOWN.

BTW, if they are hitting you in the face (not the top of the head) the gun is pivoting too much in your hand.  Lock your wrist & let the recoil pivot at your elbow.

·
Registered
264 Posts
BillK said:
Actually I  :'( a little because my brother does reloads for me and I never recover all my P3AT brass from my practice sessions. My brass "generally" flys to the back and right. By genearally I mean maybe 2 or three rounds out of six the other 3-4 rounds can land anywhere around the clock and yes even on the top of my head  :eek:.
Take care...
My casing must go 30 feet in the air and land 15 feet behind me but damned if I can figure out how I loose 2 out of every 6 casings. Must be where I shoot as there is 100 years worth of casings and shotgun shells in a 200 foot circle and 12 inches deep. LOL.

·
Registered
264 Posts
chaos321 said:
I'm having fun with it. I'll try different grips with it. I'm going to try some F4 tape(for you military guys) to see if that works for me. I know when I pick up my brass they are dented from hitting the roof hard?
Negative. They are dented from the ejection process. I shoot in the open desert and all my cases are bent at the lip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.