Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While checking out one of the local pawn shops for good deals I came across a lightly used Kel-Tec P32. It's a parkerized od green 2nd gen model. The pawn shop owner wasn't sure on a round count, but from the look of the internals when I got it home it couldn't of had more than 100 rounds through it. The previous owner had polished the feed ramp, but that was about as far as they went with it. I broke it down completely and cleaned everything up and did a detailed fluff and buff. I will say this, for no more than this gun has in it for parts, it is sure a pain to reassemble from a complete strip.

Got to take it out to the range a few days later and took 50 rounds of Federal, 50 Remi UMC and 50 Remi Express with me to see what this little girl liked to eat. Amazingly, she ate every single round except one. The one issue I had was a stove pipe, but I'm about 98% sure that was because I was trying to shoot with gloves on to see if I could get the trigger to reset with them on. No go with that en devour, at least not on a reliable basis, but at least I know now.

Picked up a De Santis G3 for this little girl today. Fits nicely in my pocket with a wallet/cell phone type print. Great for what I need as a back up gun for work. I've been looking at the Buffalo Bore flat nose .32 acp +p rounds as an option for carry, but may just take a crack at loading a flavor of my own. For now I'm just carrying the Remi Express as that is what I shot the most accurate and consistently with.

Anyways, a few pictures:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Nice P-32 ! Have fun with it!

I've been thinking about doing some reloading myself! Please post what you come up with when you find that " ideal combination " for a .32 acp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
68rs said:
NICE! i like that color combo,good luck with it.
Ditto, but I am wanting to either DuraCoat it Stainless Steel and Tactical Black .... or maybe talk the wife into buying another one "for her" to coat that color combo. I like the hard chrome look, but am not to huge on the bright reflection it gives off. the DuraCoat Stainless Steel doesn't have that issue.

CitizenX said:
I've been thinking about doing some reloading myself! Please post what you come up with when you find that " ideal combination " for a .32 acp.
I'm still in the learning phase with all this reloading stuff, so it may be a while before I get around to it, but I will defiantly keep you informed as I stumble through it. The recoil on this thing is so nice I could never see myself needing a low recoil target round, but my wife has carpel tunnel so after 3-4 mags she starts hurting. Making a few batches of those is the main reason I want to reload .32 acp.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm still in the learning phase with all this reloading stuff, so it may be a while before I get around to it, but I will defiantly keep you informed as I stumble through it. The recoil on this thing is so nice I could never see myself needing a low recoil target round, but my wife has carpel tunnel so after 3-4 mags she starts hurting. Making a few batches of those is the main reason I want to reload .32 acp.
I hear ya.. Bout the same here. Thanx

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Is this a pretty normal:
Yeah, pretty normal. Just where the hole was machined for the back of the extractor. Sometimes it gets machined to a pretty thin spot in the slide, sometimes it breaks through...like yours. It doesn't hurt anything, and won't effect the way your pistol operates.

On some P32 and P3AT's nothing shows, on some (like mine) it's just a little bit of a break through...others are larger (like yours) and it doesn't mean a thing. You only see them on the 2nd generation pistols.

Have fun with yours!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts