Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first firearms purchase, and primary reason for the weapon is self defense as I recently had a Gun put to my head in an attempted home invasion, luckily I am a well trained mixed martial artist and was able to disarm and dispatch the attacker from causing any real harm, but this prompted me to purchase a firearm as I don't think I will be so lucky if this occurs agin even tho I am confident in my hand to hand combat skills id rather not take the chance of being caught in that type of situation more than once.

As for the handsome Kel Tec P32 I just purchased, I got it Via the FL Gun Trader, from a Pilot in the air force, so I trust the sellers integrity,
The gun is brand new, bought only 6 months ago, he had some slight jamming issues when breaking it in, and sent it back to Kel Tec to have parts replaced, and a full cleaning, after getting it back it's had less than 150 rounds through it all without any problems, it's also been recently cleaned and oiled from what I can see and is in pristine condition it's like a brand new pistol.

The best part is I only payed $195 and it has the original locking hard body case, trigger lock, and manual, and now I find this amazing group of Kel Tec owners and enthusiasts to talk to! I'm glad to be a new member of this online community! Cheers!

image-339474803.jpg

image-2710721881.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any users here from Florida? This state is great for guns, private sales, no registering fire arms, there isn't even a data base for serial numbers in the state, I didn't even have to go anywhere, the guy came and delivered it to my doorstep.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Congrats on the gun and welcome to the forum! I love carrying my little P32. It currently resides all day every day in a Stoner wallet holster in my back pocket.

If I can offer one strong piece of advice, I will suggest any future gun purchases or sales should never be conducted at your home.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Roy Munson said:
Congrats on the gun and welcome to the forum! I love carrying my little P32. It currently resides all day every day in a Stoner wallet holster in my back pocket.

If I can offer one strong piece of advice, I will suggest any future gun purchases or sales should never be conducted at your home.
I agree, could you elaborate more on why this is not a good idea? I only met this particular person because he was able to show me proof of purchase and his military credentials in the air force and I live close to the base so it was an easy meet. If the guy had not of been an air force capt. I would have met some place els.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
I agree, could you elaborate more on why this is not a good idea? I only met this particular person because he was able to show me proof of purchase and his military credentials in the air force and I live close to the base so it was an easy meet. If the guy had not of been an air force capt. I would have met some place els.
Welcome.

The reason that many people council against doing face-to-face gun sales/buys in your home is because it represents a potential inlet for criminals.

If you're selling/buying a gun, then the other guy automatically knows you've got enough $$$ to buy a gun (several hundred or more) on hand, and you may have lots of guns available. You're telling a stranger, "I have guns and cash on hand" and then letting him into your home. And if you have a family, that's more risk, this time to them.

Even if said stranger doesn't immediately attempt to rob you, he may be casing your home for future burglary and the "deal" will fall through.

Most folks recommend a nice public, yet gun friendly, location. Parking lot of a gun store or something. The last few face-to-face transfers I've done have been in the parking lot of restaurants, during broad day light, and included complete Bill of Sale details from both me and the other party. This was agreed on well before hand and confidential ID (Ohio Drivers License #) were exchanged before hand.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ditto to everything lklawson said. If the other party is unknown to you, you never know who will show up. They know where you live, but you won't know anything about them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Your new KelTec is a wonderful gun for self defense on-the-go, and I'm sure it will never let you down. Good choice for carry.

For home defense in Florida however, and to assure maximum ventilation, you may want to consider a .45 cal. Glock model 21, a 12 gauge Mossberg shotgun, or a Colt 5.56/AR15.

You were lucky - this time.. What if three stooges invade next time? These three felon repellants are proven to stop bad behavior. Not everyone responds similarly to a firm b-slap'in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts