Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Serial is HAE69, is this a good one? I hope so, I paid a lot for it.

I have yet to shoot, but seller claims it has been sent to mfr and is in 3rd gen state.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
You said you paid "a lot". Kel-Tecs are fairly inexpensive and it sounds like you bought a used one. How much is "a lot"?

Not sure what "3rd gen state" means. What did the seller tell you it means? Yours isn't that old and it may have been to the factory since it was originally purchased but that doesn't make it "3rd gen".

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I sure hope you didn't pay much cause NIB they are generally WAY under $250 here. And no, there is no 3rd generation. ???

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
IMO, that is way too much to pay for a used one - even hard chrome. Now if it came with extra mags, grip extensions, a slip-on grip, a holster, some ammo... those things add up. :-/

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Okay, you've paid maybe $75 too much. That's not the end of the world. You HAVE got a nice little P3AT even if you did pay MSRP for a used HC.

As long as you don't tell kT that it is used, you may still have your lifetime warranty. Shoot it like the target is the guy who ripped you off and enjoy it.

Packer.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
He didn't say it was hard chromed but I hope it was.  That price is very high for a new one much less used.  Hopefully it will be reliable.  No telling though from a "friend" who sells you a used P-3AT for that price.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
He didn't say it was HC. That would be nice but either way, it is not the end of the world.

It pays to do research...
and have 20/20 hindsight like me. ;D

Seriously, the prices on these guns vary from dealer to dealer around the country. Just because they have been readily available at TX gunshows for $230 (blued)) and $250 (chrome) doesn't mean he didn't pay more. People routinely pay $300 in some places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.