Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up yet another p-17 last night from Midway for $199. This will make 4 now. One for me and the rest are Christmas gifts for the family. I know they aren't pretty, or as prestigious as some makers (I have colt and Ruger for example) but just dang, for a woods gun or a trainer these can't be beat. I figure I'll get a chance to look at different iterations from a QC point of view. Mine is green for easy ID .

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Good for you and especially for those you gift to others. Nice. Glad to hear you got one at that price.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good for you and especially for those you gift to others. Nice. Glad to hear you got one at that price.
I totally respect Midway for keeping their pricing low or normal (I guess) and they will get more business from me as a result.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I have the same problem, but with CMR30's. I only have 2 but I'll buy every one I see (none in the last year).

·
Registered
963 Posts
As long as it's not taking food out of the mouths of your kids or resulting in the house being foreclosed on you don't have a problem.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As long as it's not taking food out of the mouths of your kids or resulting in the house being foreclosed on you don't have a problem.
Oh ya I'm good. The kids are going to freak. I'm debating giving to my bro or wife. She humors me, but he's into guns thanks to me. LOL.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I figure that the kids just need to use the guns to kill a squirrel or possum to eat.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I don’t think this is a problem… sounds like intelligence to me…

I may or may not have a similar problem with AK’s, no judgement here.

Reactions: mark40

·
Registered
3 Posts
I see I'm falling behind, with only 1 PMR and 1 CP33, and a P17 on standing order. I do have plenty of ammo, but it seems like the P17 is slowwww to arrive. I was hoping to have it in time to pack along on a few deer hunting trips this Fall. Times getting short..........

Questions; Does the P17 need a different loader than the CP33? That sucker flat works!

·
Registered
809 Posts
I see I'm falling behind, with only 1 PMR and 1 CP33, and a P17 on standing order. I do have plenty of ammo, but it seems like the P17 is slowwww to arrive. I was hoping to have it in time to pack along on a few deer hunting trips this Fall. Times getting short..........

Questions; Does the P17 need a different loader than the CP33? That sucker flat works!
It seems like all firearms need different loaders. Haven't you figured that out yet? (lol) But really, the CP33 is a quad stacked and needs a special loader, the PMR is 22WMR and needs the maglula loader, and the P17 is double stacked. I have all three and have three different loaders on my shelf and the only truly useful one is the maglula.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Don't use a loader for the PMR, & I don't have a P17 yet, thus the question about the two 22 LR guns. So yeah, I've figured out the two I own, & inquiring about the one I don't.

Also figured out your answer too. I'm still pretty sharp for a man nearing retirement age. ;-) I've also figured out, if you don't something, ask a question.

Thanks for educating me further.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Don't use a loader for the PMR, & I don't have a P17 yet, thus the question about the two 22 LR guns. So yeah, I've figured out the two I own, & inquiring about the one I don't.

Also figured out your answer too. I'm still pretty sharp for a man nearing retirement age. ;-) I've also figured out, if you don't something, ask a question.

Thanks for educating me further.
I'm past retirement age and losing some of my sharpness, especially in my sense of humor. I just meant that it would be nice if someone could make a loader that worked for more than one gun. You do need to try the maglula for the PMR if you get the chance. It also works for my CMR's and is pretty amazing. Haven't found one that good for any of my other weapons.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I just meant that it would be nice if someone could make a loader that worked for more than one gun.
Well, someone does, but not for any of the firearms you've mentioned (that I know of). ETS makes one for rifle mags that loads 9mm in a PCC mag, or 5.56 and 300BLK into AR mags, and 7.62x39 in those mags. I have no idea how many more it'll work with. They work esp' nice when storing the cartridges in a storage case case head up. Before a match I show up and load my mags in just a few minutes. ETS also makes a similar loader for pistol mags but frankly I never got it to work.

Then there is the universal pistol LULA (uplula) which loads any centerfire pistol mag I've ever used it with.

I love mag loaders. They really save the fingers.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Then there is the universal pistol LULA (uplula) which loads any centerfire pistol mag I've ever used it with.

I love mag loaders. They really save the fingers.
Yeah, I have seven or eight different ones.

·
Registered
963 Posts
The mag loaders I esp' like are the ones I use for competition, since they save mega fingers. The LULA for 10/22 is esp' well thought out. I have no idea how many 10/22 10 round mags that I have (30?*) but their loader/unloader is worth it's weight in gold. The unloader unloads mags much faster than the loader. I always have partial 10 rounders and a few full ones left over that need unloading.

* Why so many? I tried magazines that hold mega rounds but they have so much mass that they slowed me down. So they are out for Steel Challenge. The 10 round and 15 round mags are much better with so little mass. And I want to concentrate on shooting during a match and not the minutia of loading mags. That requires lots of mags. I shot the CP33 for no score once with an arm brace and that mag was like it wasn't even there. But it needs to be SBRed to use it as a RFRO and I haven't done that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts