My little friend is finally back home...

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by steve24, Dec 18, 2008.

1. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Some of you may remember that a while back I had a couple of posts about my P3AT having a serious FTE issue.  It finally got to where it couldn't go through a mag without at least one FTE!

So, about 6 weeks ago, I sent my little friend back to Florida for some loving care.  Just as I was beginning to get a little impatient, the UPS man brought me a package today!  :cool:

The work order sheet said that they had replaced both the slide and barrel, polished the feed ramp and test fired it.  My P3AT had the parkerized finish on both the slide and the original barrel.  The new slide is parked, but the barrel is just blued.  (Maybe the rough finish on the original barrel was part of the problem??)

Anyway, I'm glad to have my little friend back, and I can't wait to see how it shoots now.  It'll probably be a while before I get a chance though...with the holidays coming up and all.  

But I will give an update as soon as I'm able.  

2. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Long wait but I think it will be well worth it. [smiley=smiley.gif]

3. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    *UPDATE*

Well, I just got back from the range with my newly repaired P3AT....and it performed flawlessly!

I put approximately 50 rounds through it, including 10 rounds of the new Hornady Critical Defense, with no problems of any kind.  It was such a pleasure to finally see how these little pistols are supposed to work.  :cool:

Now I guess I can finally order that Arma-laser that I've been putting off for so long!

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for the update. Glad to read that your gun shot without problems this time out.

I've got an Arma-Laser on one of my P3ATs. Out of the box my left-right was way off, could see it clearly before even putting the unit on the gun. Not to worry though because it adjusted without any problems.

Take care...

5. clyde_causey

clyde_causey New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Sent mine off couple days ago. ftf and fte(stove pipe) 30% malfunction rate.

6. clyde_causey

clyde_causey New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    If this fixes it, I may get a couple more to give to fmly mbrs.

7. steve24

steve24 New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    I hope yours turns out as good as mine did.  

I was very discouraged by the performance of my brand new P3AT after I bought it.  I took it out several times, and each and every time after numerous FTEs I returned home madder and madder!  

I was really ready to trade it in, but I decided that I would give the warranty a chance and let KT have a look at it.  I'm really glad I did now because I really want to love this little pistol as much as the other KTOGers on here and I think I may be well on my way!

8. TNScrambler

TNScrambler New Member

Dec 23, 2008
    good to know they were able to get it straghtened out