Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my P3AT to carry, so I needed a good holster for front pocket carry. I have done a little leather working in the past, so I have a minimal amount of tools and some scrap leather. I stitched up a few prototypes in my cheap scraps, and carried the P3AT for a while in them, then made another prototype until I was happy.
I then duplicated my favorite in vegetable tanned leather (8 oz concealment flap and the rest 4 oz.), and did a little wet molding.

Here is the result:

I like it because it has good retention, but the concealment flap catches the pocket when I draw, separating well. Also, the concealment flap makes it look like a wallet or book, rather than printing GUN.

My wife, who hates when I carry too much stuff in my pockets, has not noticed I have been wearing it for a month. She was my test to see if it was too bulky, as she would have said something.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nice job on the holster...I've always made my own holsters. I make exactly what I want in a holster. Try working with Kydex sometime. I've found it to be easy to work with and inexpensive. You can bend it, cut it, form it, re-form it again...the list goes on.

·
Registered
23 Posts
look up "Texas Knifemaker's Supply"

for my P32 and my P3-AT I used black kydex. It comes in 2 thicknesses from TKS and I found the thinner of the kydex sheets to be the better choice. If I was making a holster for a large firearm like a glock I might use the thicker kydex.

I purchased a black and decker heat gun. makes working with the kydex alot easier.

see an earlier post of mine for a neck holster I made. I've made some mods to the chain since but I use it all the time.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=104;action=display;num=1166019384

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hey Crowkiller here is my attempt at it. A home-modifed holster. Purchased the holster from dealer here in Okeechobee, had the shoe repair guy in town add anti-print panel. Dipped, I like what you did. I think I will order the Kydex and give a go at that. My guess is that it would be lighter and thinner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.