Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my Sig P250c I shot 50 UMC 40sw 180 HPs and 20 WWB 40sw 165 FMJFNs today at the range. On the fresh mag (10 rnds at a time) I get a few in the center and drift down left. Fill the mag and repeat, same thing. As I shoot more it gets lower.

I think the long trigger is making my hand tired. Reckon so?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
After shooting the springfield xd .40s&w subcompact a bit, my groups start to go downward, until I start compensating for the tiredness in my arms.

However, are you sure you're not starting to anticipate recoil(don't rule it out)....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, I don't anticipate the recoil and I'm sure my arm got tired. I guess it was an off day today. When I thought back I realized that I made three trips to the range since Fri so I shot too much. I had 320 rounds to start with and now I have 100+13.

That's what it is, tired. ;)

EDIT: I forgot, I shot my Sigma 9mm on one trip. Forgot how many though, either 50 or 100.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I think I'm in the squeezing whole hand with trigger pull category. How do I stop myself from doing such?

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
I think I'm in the squeezing whole hand with trigger pull category. How do I stop myself from doing such?
One, of course, is to limit the number of rounds you run in any given shooting session with the PF-9. The sharp recoil will tire your hand, and in reflex, you tigthen the hand to hold on to it. Second, although you want a firm grip, try consciously not to "tighten" the grip as you pull through the trigger. A lot of dry firing (with snap cap of course) provides an excellent way to practice the trigger pull without the recoil and will help you learn to pull without reflexively tightening all the fingers. Pick an aim point, and try to keep the sights on the aim point throughout the trigger pull. Lots and lots of this dry fire practice will gradually improve your ability to do this.

Jim R

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
No, I don't anticipate the recoil and I'm sure my arm got tired. I guess it was an off day today. When I thought back I realized that I made three trips to the range since Fri so I shot too much. I had 320 rounds to start with and now I have 100+13.

That's what it is, tired. ;)

EDIT: I forgot, I shot my Sigma 9mm on one trip. Forgot how many though, either 50 or 100.
Have some one slip a snap cap into your mag, you might be really suprized at what your doing.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the same problem with my XDm 3.8 compact in .40. Shooting snap caps is helping.

happy shooting, dv

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Ever try the "shoot some .44mags, then go back to your xxx" method? Not only is if fun, it realy does make your other gun seem like a *****cat. Some days I can't hit squat. With a range in my front yard, I have the option of quiting while I'm behind, but really, some days my brass groups tighter than my shots.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The right hand wraps lightly around the drip. The left hand really holds the gun.

Under tension (such as holding a gun tightly) the muscles of the hand are "programmed" to work together to provide the strongest grip possible. As the muscles of the trigger finger contract the other fingers sympathetically contract as well pulling the gun down and to the left.

Keep the right hand relaxed with loose grip, have the left hand grip the right hand and gun, clamping the right hand to the gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts