Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like my Sub 2000 in .40 that takes Glock mags, but I figure by the time it is "street ready" It will`have cost twice what I spent for it.I bought it so I could carry it in a lap top bag and use it to fight to the AR in my car.

No, I'm not putting anything on it that will eliminate the ability to fold it. Just the stuff I think survival relevant.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I really like my Sub 2000 in .40 that takes Glock mags, but I figure by the time it is "street ready" It will`have cost twice what I spent for it.I bought it so I could carry it in a lap top bag and use it to fight to the AR in my car.

No, I'm not putting anything on it that will eliminate the ability to fold it. Just the stuff I think survival relevant.
What will it take for it to be street ready in your opinion?

I have a sub 2000 in 9mm and the only thing it needed was a bit of adjustment to the front sight.

It's not my go-to home defense gun, but I have confidence in it in my bug-out bag.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The concept of the Sub2k has made it my bug-out carbine. I have a wonderful Noveske N3, but in the real world, weight is a significant consideration. So is ammunition. The Sub will provide 100% confidence for minute of man out to 100 yards, with iron sights, and that's plenty for my needs. The sub is not eligant, nor is it going to win any awards with the AR-Ready-For-War crowd, but it is what it is. And I like it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great concep

I like the carbine, but it needs work to meet my definition of reliability. Have the McCabo trigger kit and will install it tomorrow night. Needs a sling and to be shot enough so that I'm convince that the 10 Glock mags are 100% reliable.

Put a rather small light in both size and power on it so I won't be tempted to engage targets beyond reasonable distances. Also need a sling and a way to mount at least one spare mag on the gun.

Once I've addressed those issues I need to shoot several hundred rounds thru it before I decide its passed "The Evan test".:rayof:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I like the carbine, but it needs work to meet my definition of reliability. Have the McCabo trigger kit and will install it tomorrow night. Needs a sling and to be shot enough so that I'm convince that the 10 Glock mags are 100% reliable.

Put a rather small light in both size and power on it so I won't be tempted to engage targets beyond reasonable distances. Also need a sling and a way to mount at least one spare mag on the gun.

Once I've addressed those issues I need to shoot several hundred rounds thru it before I decide its passed "The Evan test".:rayof:
Just installed my Mcarbo parts, and now mine needs to be proven too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.