My baby is back home

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by virtual-rj, Sep 22, 2008.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    thank you CCR for the job you did on the slide and barrel. Bob and my wife say it is exquisite, and I will post pics later tonight.

But I recieved it today, and they are very happy, so I am sure I will be too.....

;)

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I heard about this on the phone earlier. Ray had a banner gun day getting this slide/barrel back in the mail and making another purchase of which I am very jealous. His excited description of this newly finsihed P32 was very flattering, but as they say, a picture is worth 100 words.

P.S. Ray... Good work changing the grip while talking on the phone. :)

3. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    That's sweet! ;D I need to do that to my 2 pocket rockets! Did you have the barrel done also Ray? It looks dark in the pic. ;-) Or a better question would be what all did you have them do and how much. ;-)

4. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The barrel was done in black. I believe the finish is Cereguard by CCR. :cool:

5. NICE-

CCR does really nice work.

And the Cera Guard makes clean up simple.

6. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Dang Ray - 4 pics and you didn't turn it over. :p

(He said the assempbly pin and extractor spring were also done in black.) :cool:

7. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    when sent, it was a plated barrel and slide.

when recieved back from CCR, the slide IS OD, the barrel is NOW BLACK, and the extractor is also black with the frankenbolt.

i removed the gray grip from the frame, put it back in the black, and it looks super bad a$$ if you ask me.

CCR does fine work, and I think a job like that is around 40.00

(and bob took the pics dale).....

8. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    All that for only 40 bucks!?!? NICE! :cool: How long will I be without my baby's From the time sent to the time received approximately?

9. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    2-4 weeks, I think.

call CCR and speak to brad or mary, and they can give you all the info....

10. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Good deal! Thanks Ray! ;-)

11. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Definetly looks like a fine job..Might have to consider sending mine to get done...

John

12. ccr

ccr Member

Sep 9, 2004
    I am glad that you are happy wit it. :)

The finish that I use is call Cera-Hide. It is my own creation. It is a polymer based self lubricating ceramic enhanced thermally cured coating that is very durable and abrasion resistant

I also offer Cera-Plate which is a Electroless Nickel/Boron Nitride composite plating