My Baby Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Bo_Bryant, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I got an email this morning, my baby has arrived. Friday morning I will drive to Raleigh, NC (about 2 hours from home) and pick up my newly arrived P3AT. I haven't seen her as of yet, but I know she is a beauty. They have her in the gun safe there at Lawmen's Supply and are protecting her until I can pick her up.

The wait, I know, will be worthwhile once I get her into my hands. I have never owned a P3AT, only a P11, so I can't wait to take her to the range just to get to know her. Any advice on how to treat her will be appreciated and accepted.

Happy shooting to you all.

Bo Bryant

2. Bobo

Bobo Active Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005
    Clean, Lube, and Shoot the crap out of her -- Repeat at will! :)

Bobo

3. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Clean, Lube, and Shoot the crap out of her -- Repeat at will! :)

Bobo
    [/quote]

Waiting to get to shoot my new P-3 also...

John

4. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Well, when we do it will be fun, fun, fun until her daddy takes her away! (so says the Beach Boys)

5. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Fun fun fun is right...I'm hoping to take mine out this weekend if it doesn't rain us out...

John

6. What is a rain out?
    It has been raining alot around here lately.....and I decided the other day to shoot anyway. After all... SHTF during the rain and I thought it would be something differetn.

It was indeed. Very hard to get site picture with water in the eyes, gun is slippery, and forget the paper targets. It was steel only.

7. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    What is a rain out?
    [/quote]

Problem is that where I go when it rains the place turns d@amn near into a swampy field..

John

8. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    So...was it a girl or boy Baby?? ::) ::)

And, have you named the little bundle of joy?? ;D ;D

You will post some photos this Friday, won't you? :)

Old Bill

9. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    It's a beautiful little girl. I go to pick her up tomorrow. Can't wait to take her to the Sportsman's Lodge to show her off.

Do my best to learn to post some pictures.

Bo Bryant

10. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Just a curious question? How come you had it shipped two hours away from you? You live in the boonies or something?

11. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Actually, it is 1 hour and 45 minutes from me. The dealer there is a great dealer. They handle orders for the Raleigh Police Department. Very nice people to deal with--very friendly and helpful. Then, the price. I will actually save $99.00 getting it there ($259). The local dealers here are getting $349.00. Where I live, a military community, firearms are expensive. Most dealers know they can get their price.

Then, I like to make the wife happy as well--she is a sweet lady. There are two large malls nearby. I will pick up baby, take her to the malls let her shop to her content, then we will go by the Baptist Book Store, then to the Farmer's Market Resturant. They have the best fresh seafood around. And, I have to admit, being a pastor, with Friday as my day off, if I don't get out of town, I don't usually get a day off. So, when we have a reason, we get out of Dodge for a while. We have fun, enjoy ourselves, and this time I will come home with a NIB P3AT!

Ain't life just great!!!!!!!!

12. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    It all makes perfect sense now! I knew you had a good reason, I just didn't know you had many good reason's!!!! ;) Sounds like you have a great day planned for tomorrow! Congrats and have a great time! ;D

13. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks Ape. It ain't as beautiful as Canada, but some pretty country outside of Raleigh, NC. My wife and I, both in our early-mid 60's enjoy being together. Kids are grown and gone--living in other states. So it us just us at home now, but we have gotten used to it and enjoy it. When we get away like this, we cover as much territory as ole arthir will allow! Thank goodness for extra strength Motrin!

The last of September, we will go toward the Raleigh, NC area for some camping and crappie fishing. Of course, Baby will go along to keep us company. All snakes don't crawl on their bellies anymore!

Have a great weekend everyone and happy shooting to those who get a chance.

Bo Bryant

14. Ape

Ape New Member

Jul 16, 2008
    Colorado
    Congrats to you and your wife! If more people had marriages like you and I where we enjoyed the company of our wives then maybe there'd be less snakes not crawling on there bellies! ;) We have beautiful country here in Colorado too! We try and go camping/fishing at least 2 or 3 times a year! Luckily my daughter is just 9 and we're in our early 40's so it's a bit easier for us to do physically. But without my air mattress I'd be doomed! lol ;)

15. Zectron2348

Zectron2348 New Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Bo_Bryant,

I have to tell you, I had a rough day today but when I read through some of your posts here it made me smile and feel good.

You kind of uplifted my soul a little with your very positive attitude on life and your excitement at getting your new firearm.

Thank you so much, have a great Friday, and enjoy your new gun.

16. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Thanks Zectron.

Just got back with it, but I am having a probem. May be operator problem. Never had a P3AT before. But I can't rack my slide. Not sure if it is supposed to work like the P11 or not.

But it was a good day. We enjoyed our trip, shopping and eating and the rest will work out.

Have a good weekend.

Bo Bryant

17. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Hey Guys:

I got baby home. But I am not sure if I have a problem or not. Does the slide supposed to rack like the P11? This is my first P3AT. When I try to rack the slide, it just moves about 3/8 of an inch. Am I doing something wrong, is this as far as it goes back, or is there a problem with it? Kel-Tec is closed for the weekend.

Thanks

Bo Bryant

18. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Even though I couldn't get the slide to go back as it should, I took out the disassembly pin, took the gun apart, put it back together and the slide works fine. Don't know what caused the problem, don't know what fixed it, but Baby is fixed and working well. Now, to clean her up, give her a fluff job, put on a little militec, and she will be ready for presentation!

Happy shooting to all.

Bo Bryant

19. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    GLAD she is working better now. Something was out of alignment with the guiderod/springs/barrel lug/pin.

A little miltec on the metal parts and A LOT of lube/grease on the rest of her and she will be lots happier. Mine are were literally dripping with lube in order to be happiest.

-Scott

20. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    I think maybe the guiderod. When I took it apart, it looked like it was just partially in its socket. Don't know if that was it or not, but that was all I could see. But I can honestly say, I have seen all she had in her. Know this P3AT well now. And, I guess that is for the better.

Live and learn--at least I hope.