My Annual Report!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Old_Bill, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    About a year ago I reported that I hadn't cleaned my P3AT for 6 months although I carry it daily, and has just fired off 7 rounds without a glitch!

Well, a year or so has passed, the P3AT still hasn't been cleaned, I still carry it daily, and I just fired off 7 rounds without a single gllich!

I'm beginning to believe that past problems that I've had with other autos might be I cleaned the suckers all the time! ;D ;D ;D

Of course, I don't recommend not cleaning the P3AT regularly, but it is interesting that my P3AT does so well with so little care.

2. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Ha! I did the same thing with a car once. I used to drive old VW rabbits/jettas. I'd pay 300 to 600 bucks for them, and drive them for 3-6 years. The last one I bought was a jetta. It was a TMU car (True Miles Unknown). The speedo worked, but not the ody. I paid 6 bills for it and drove it for about 6 years. Never changed the oil. Ever. Added a quart or two over the years, but never a new filter, never pulled oil out. Every time I accelerated, I shifted just below redline. Every time. I got rid of the car when I dropped the tranny. Never had a problem with the engin. ;D Man, the number of cars that I've bought that have cost less the guns I've bought is amazing. ;D

So, Old Bill, do you carry a back up? When my car broke down (very seldomly, amazingly enough) I could hoof it. I'd hate to find out that your edc didn't perform because it was dirty.

Lop

3. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Good to see you back Bill!

4. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Hi Lop,

Nope! No backup,,,,the P-3AT is the back up to my hands of steel!  Ha!, I can't even type that with out laughting! ;)

I have a Glock 19,  but since I have out lived all my known enemies, and stay out of areas where I could get into trouble, I retired the Glock, and carry only the P-3AT now.

I figure that it will always fire the first round...and a dead-eye shooter like myself that should be enough! (laughting once more!)

Actually,  I do plan on cleaning the gun, once I find my cleaning stuff! ;D

5. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Thank you torrent!

There are a great bunch of people on this forum, and while I might not be posting often, I do enjoy reading the messages.

Old Bill