My Annual Report!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Old_Bill, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    About a year ago I reported that I hadn't cleaned my P3AT for 6 months although I carry it daily, and has just fired off 7 rounds without a glitch!

Well, a year or so has passed, the P3AT still hasn't been cleaned, I still carry it daily, and I just fired off 7 rounds without a single gllich!

I'm beginning to believe that past problems that I've had with other autos might be I cleaned the suckers all the time! ;D ;D ;D

Of course, I don't recommend not cleaning the P3AT regularly, but it is interesting that my P3AT does so well with so little care.

2. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Ha! I did the same thing with a car once. I used to drive old VW rabbits/jettas. I'd pay 300 to 600 bucks for them, and drive them for 3-6 years. The last one I bought was a jetta. It was a TMU car (True Miles Unknown). The speedo worked, but not the ody. I paid 6 bills for it and drove it for about 6 years. Never changed the oil. Ever. Added a quart or two over the years, but never a new filter, never pulled oil out. Every time I accelerated, I shifted just below redline. Every time. I got rid of the car when I dropped the tranny. Never had a problem with the engin. ;D Man, the number of cars that I've bought that have cost less the guns I've bought is amazing. ;D

So, Old Bill, do you carry a back up? When my car broke down (very seldomly, amazingly enough) I could hoof it. I'd hate to find out that your edc didn't perform because it was dirty.

Lop

3. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Good to see you back Bill!

4. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Hi Lop,

Nope! No backup,,,,the P-3AT is the back up to my hands of steel!  Ha!, I can't even type that with out laughting! ;)

I have a Glock 19,  but since I have out lived all my known enemies, and stay out of areas where I could get into trouble, I retired the Glock, and carry only the P-3AT now.

I figure that it will always fire the first round...and a dead-eye shooter like myself that should be enough! (laughting once more!)

Actually,  I do plan on cleaning the gun, once I find my cleaning stuff! ;D

5. Old_Bill

Old_Bill New Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Thank you torrent!

There are a great bunch of people on this forum, and while I might not be posting often, I do enjoy reading the messages.

Old Bill