Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got a day ,just for myself, and I been wanting to get back in my woodshop.
I have had this project on my mind for a long time, just never got toit.
Well today I started at 10:00 am and only stopped for 30 min lunch, finished at about 5:00pm, and this is what I came up with.
I had used fence boards and posts, so I used them.

This cost me approximately $3.00 worth of coated deck screws. I have some olive drab paint , from some other project , and this will get a coat soon.

The umbrella is temporary until I can build a moveable ,metal sided shed around two of these.The lower section is detachable,
just sitting on a wooden hanger, for ease of moving. Rifle rests on both sides ,and the sitting bench is free floatin for big and small guys(guts).
It needed to be amidextrious cause I can only shoot handguns left side, and can still shoot long guns right side.Tble top is 6' x 33".

100_2950.jpg

100_2951.jpg

100_2952.jpg

100_2953.jpg

100_2954.jpg

100_2955.jpg

100_2956.jpg

100_2957.jpg

What you think?This was all done with one hand ,lefty aint so bad.

Any suggestions, advice, opinions will be much apprecaited ,as I got an open mind,(If there is one, I may have lost it).

Jim

Oh crap, thought I was in Accessories.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Well done Jim,
I gotta tell you, I can't use my table saw without thinking of you. I'm guessing you were mighty careful on that tool. Hope Brenda didn't worry too much.

See ya in a few,
Lop

Oh, some wheels on one end might be good. Then you could just pick up the bench and walk (or tow with tractor) it to different ranges.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, some wheels on one end might be good. Then you could just pick up the bench and walk (or tow with tractor) it to different ranges.
I like that idea of wheels on one end. Our Grill moves that way.
Then I could move it by myself.
As it is I can pick up the lower section,and the sitting bench, and carry it easy, but the main table needs 2 people. Its heavy ,by design,
Brenda and I move it by ourself.

Gotta look into wheels though. I think I have some old lawnmower wheels layin around.
Thanks Lop.

Jim

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
Bout time you jumped back on that horse :) Looks just about the way I'd build it, we've been thinking of doing a couple for my buddies range.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts