Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I found this at a gun show and picked it up for $50. It was a bare slide, barrel, frame with the trigger assembly, magazine and a bare grip. It was missing all the springs, hammer block, firing pin, all the pins etc. The guy said he took it completely apart and lost the bag with all the parts to put it back together and lost interest in the gun.

I started by sanding and polishing all the seams on the grip and shaping and reforming the trigger. I then hit my spare parts box and polished and TiN CBN plated everything but the springs.  The total job took about an hour plus the plating time. I hit the range today and fired about 100 rounds of various ammo without any failures.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pocketgun said:
I love Wilsonesque stories like this one.  

Take some pics of the frame area with the slide off if you get a chance.  I would like to see the shiny internals too.
The first picture is the hammer and trigger bar in the frame and the second picture is all the parts I plated on this gun.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
sprinter1 said:
[quote author=pocketgun link=1214011760/0#6 date=1214016080]I love Wilsonesque stories like this one.

Take some pics of the frame area with the slide off if you get a chance. I would like to see the shiny internals too.
The first picture is the hammer and trigger bar in the frame and the second picture is all the parts I plated on this gun.[/quote]

It definitely looks sweet! How come you didn't plate the takedown pin?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pocketgun said:
[quote author=sprinter1 link=1214011760/0#11 date=1214048369][quote author=pocketgun link=1214011760/0#6 date=1214016080]I love Wilsonesque stories like this one.  

Take some pics of the frame area with the slide off if you get a chance.  I would like to see the shiny internals too.
The first picture is the hammer and trigger bar in the frame and the second picture is all the parts I plated on this gun.[/quote]

It definitely looks sweet!  How come you didn't plate the takedown pin?
[/quote]
I prefer how it looks blackened.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.