My 1st KT P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by F4-D, May 15, 2008.

1. F4-D

F4-D New Member

May 15, 2008
    After a lot of searching I finally was able to pick up a new P3AT. Went to the range yesterday to break it in.
    I had 2 boxes of some Chezk ammo I picked up a few years ago that worked flawlessly in a circa 1980 380 Bersa
    auto. I read about the limp wrist thing so I held onto it firmly as I knew it was going to be a grasshopper.
    I managed to get about 44 rounds through it. I had about 4-5 rounds that kept the slide halfway open
    and bumping it seemed to fix the problem (I guess that is why it needs a break in). The 44th round however
    seized it right up. I could not pull the slide hard enough to get the empty shell casing out. I know heat was not
    a factor because I was alternating with my 357. When I got home I had to disassemble it and that was difficult
    because it seemed like the shell casing was too tight in the barrel. I had to do some serious tapping on an old
    wooden chair to free the assembly. Then I had to pop the casing out with a screw driver cause it was seated tight.
    I read the FAQ/tips section and I never heard about a shell getting expanded like this. I don't have
    a micrometer but is it possible that maybe the case of the shell was thin or ? Thanks

2. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I would have to say your problem is: "I had 2 boxes of some Chezk ammo I picked up a few years ago". Try some fresh ammo and you should be good to go.

3. RAT76

RAT76 Active Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    +1, BTW, Welcome to KTOG.

4. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    assuming a few years old czech ammo means normal brass cased S&Bs (kt recommends NOT to shoot steel or aluminum cased ammo), then i wouldnt necessarily point the finger at the ammo. imo their stuff is just as reliable and to-spec as the manufacturer next door. you should definitely keep the case until you get a chance to mic it.

5. F4-D

F4-D New Member

May 15, 2008
    Yes it was normal brass cased ammo that I have never had a problem with before. Always worked flawlessly in my Bersa 380 auto.