Muzzle loading starter kit $100 w/ gun

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by lop, Sep 28, 2009.

1. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    11-22-9 This would make a great Xmass gift..... ::)

10-2... Come one guys, this is a great deal, and a great way to get into muzzle loading. Heck, it even moves deer season up a week in Ga. I had said I wanted to sell this in GA, but as long as I clear $100, I'll sell it anywhere. So if you want to pay shipping it is still a good deal. And if you wanted to trade, I could include my Heritage Rough rider .22 & .22 mag pistola. whatchya got?
    Lop

Hi guys,
    I've got a CVA sidelock muzzle loader I'd like to sell with all the trimmings for $100. This is a "beginner" gun. Enought to tell if muzzle loading is for you. It aint' for me. ::) This micky mouse of loading and cleaning is just not my cup of tea. I must say, it does give a very satisfying BOOM and sure sends a slug down range with a lot of punch. It dents steel targets deeper than .44 mags out of a 20 inch barrel.
    So what I'm selling is the gun and :
    52 pcs T/C .50 cal. 350 grain lubed bullets. I paid $.79 per, so that is $41.50 in slugs that will work in any .50 call ml.
    4 pcs .45 cal jhp w/ salbots (cheap ammo)
    T/C bore butter ~1/2 of .75 oz tube.
    hodgedon pydodex RS propelent (bottle is full to the top of the "pyrodex" logo, ~2/3's full)
    48 pcs Winchester magnum BP primers
    Powder measure 5-125 grains (this gun is rated for 100 grain max)
    .50 cal brass brush, swab, and jag
    Bullet auger (to screw into bullet and pull out stuck rounds)
    little hook thang. This screws onto ramrod like the other tools and loosens up crud and also retreives "lost" patches.
    modified wrench and spood for measureing out charge and getting nipple off.
    a modes pile of "seasoned" patches.
    and the use of my range to show you how/that it works.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://www.cva.com/lifetime.html   (9th down from top)

I really want to sell this face to face and not bother with shipping, so a N. Ga sale. I'm firm on my price, but am willing to do a little swapping if you insisted. The way I see this set up is that it will show you if you want to get a nice one without the expence of committing to a high dollar gun. All the goodies will work with any .50 gun, and you could not buy the trimmings for less than $75.

2. cromanos

cromanos New Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Re: FS. CVA sidelock and goodies

This is a good deal, too bad I'm nowhere near Georgia!

3. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    Bump w/ slight mod...

4. goodbrewing

goodbrewing New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Do you need a FFL to ship a muzzleloader? I believe here in Vt. it is exempt. Not sure about shipping the powder and primers though.

5. Unless I am mis-confused again........no ffl for shipping / trading / selling muzzle loader.

Powder and primers may be a mess........but not the gun with accessories.

6. nbh40

nbh40 New Member

Feb 19, 2009

Unless I am mis-confused again........no ffl for shipping / trading / selling muzzle loader.

Powder and primers may be a mess........but not the gun with accessories.
    [/quote]

Even if you do (ffl transfer Muzzleloaderss) why 2 FFLs? Only out of state recipient has to be FFL, anyone can mail firearms.

7. Not all ffl's will receive a gun from an individual. Nothing illegal about it... but some dealers are not willing to risk receiving a stolen gun, and figure receiver from another FFL gets it off their back.

8. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    fwiw, do your own legal research, muzzle loaders do NOT require a FFL.

;)

9. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    well, cool. So who want's the whole kit and kaboodle for $100?

10. bunky

bunky New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    if thats a cva bobcat its a great bp weapon and will do everything the high $$$ guns will do.its light weight and very very accurate :)

11. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    I'm bumping this up for Xmass shoppers. It is now shy 4 rounds. ;)