Mueller Optics-Holographic sight and scopes!

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by JoeBob, Mar 21, 2010.

1. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Mueller Optics (Chinese made, USA company) make a holographic sight for $95 ($90.25 with free shipping with KTOG discount). You can buy em at http://www.JoeBobOutfitters.com

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mueller_1x22x33_Holographic_Sight_MQS12233MB_p/mqs12233mb.htm

If you enter in promo code "KTOG" you can get 5% off entire store, any item. Promo code "KTOG15" gets you $15 off any order $125 or more.

The Muellers are a much better option than the "average" cheaper holographic, and Mueller stands behind their products.  These holographics can stand up to the abuse of a shotgun, so the standard carbine and rimfires would never make this sight bat an eye.

Stats here:

[​IMG]

http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MQS12233MB.html

Free shipping on orders $90+ and a FREE T-Shirt with orders

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/product_p/jbt.htm

Mueller optics are not heavily advertised, but product is instead spread by word of mouth.  Google for information, you'll find nothing but stellar reviews.  We offer all the scope at Minimum Advertised Price WITH discounts, FREE shipping, and FREE sunshades.  Simply put, the lowest prices on the web!  We also have burris scope rings and are adding products daily as we look for more products which we can offer.

JoeBobOutfitters.com is Veteran owned/operated and ran out of Hays, KS. Discounts will be given for local pickup.

2. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008

3. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    If someone on here wants to become a tester for the http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Mueller_1x22x33_Holographic_Sight_MQS12233MB_p/mqs12233mb.htm"]Mueller holographic sight[/URL] I can give them at cost, with free shipping.  I'd just ask that it be put on a carbine, or something bigger than a 22LR pistol :D.  I'd like for you to beat on it a bit, run a bunch of rounds through it, use it in bright and dim light, etc then post a review of your findings.  These carry a 2yr warranty and normally run $94.95 minus KTOG discount, after 2 years its up to the discretion of the dealer/Mueller.  There were designed for shotgun use, so should hold up to pretty much any standard rifle or pistol calibers.

First one that posts up gets it, I'll PM with details.

4. David_S

David_S New Member

Dec 7, 2009
    Not sure what cost is but if you want to PM me with details I'll let you know if it's in my budget. Would need to be shipped to zip 44880. It would be going on a self assembled AR-15 5.56 caliber.

5. AdioSS

AdioSS Member

Feb 8, 2010
    I wish I would've seen this a few hours ago. I'm wondering how it will work on a MAK-90 (7.62x39)

6. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    I'll take one of the trial deals for use with a PLR-16 or Bushmaster AR-223 (if still available)

...let me know the details...thanks ;)

7. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
  8. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Please PM me with details on the "tester" offer...

If it's within my budget, I'm willing to be a "testee"... wait...

-Matt

9. Winnet5

Winnet5 New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    I was looking at the spec-sheet but I can not find anything that details how wide or narrow of a rail that this scope will fit on. I would like to put one on a Ruger Mark III 22/45 (it has the 5.5 bull barrel and is drilled and has optional rail that I can install on the gun. Would it fix?

Detailed Description of the rail from the Ruger web page.
    A07052B-MK I, MK II™, MK III™ & 22/45™ - Weaver®-style scope base adapter. Black anodized aluminum. Item Number: 90228

10. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    These fit all Weaver style rails, such as on the Rugers, AR-15's, PLR-16's, etc.

11. nbh40

nbh40 New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Been off-line foe a while. Just moved to Alaska. So if you want a thorough beet-up test, drop me a pm. I'll mount it on a 45-70 Marlin 1895 for trials on Kodiak Island Alaska. If it proves good, I am very well 'in' with the local outfitters and sportsman's association and may be able to assist with an outlet.

12. Brian10962001

Brian10962001 Banned

Jan 16, 2009
    Not to sound rude here, but how does this model vary from the NC star, and various other manufacturers who use this same design?

13. nbh40

nbh40 New Member

Feb 19, 2009
    I was going to ask the very same.

14. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Same design...as in a Reflex Holographic sight? I'd be willing to bet there are 50 of these "same designs" all with differences in their optic quality, reticle choices, battery life, quality control, and price points ranging from $50-$700.

Not to sound like a smart-***, but what is the difference between a Weaver Scope and a Tasco? Burris? Barska? Brunton? Mueller? Sightron? Leupold? Vortex? :D

Or on the flip side, both Hi-Point and Kel-Tec's are "cheaper" firearms. What's the difference between the Hi-Point 9mm and P11?

If someone lumps every single product into the same "pool" of manufacturers within the same rough price range you're saying there is no difference in quality between products or companies.

Have you ever researched Mueller Optics? There are countless independent reviews. Here's one: http://www.chuckhawks.com/mueller_eraticator_8-25x50_syn.htm

Mueller Optics should never be put into the same sentence as NCStar, with ANY of their products! These holographics have a 2 year warranty and were designed for slug/turkey gun use, and not designed to be a "knock off" or a "cheap" product like many lower-end manufacturers put out for air-soft or safe-queen use. Warranty-periods are a big "heads up" on company's product quality. These are warrantied for twice as long as an NcStar and designed for heavier use.

Here's one review from a guy who bought my product, it's on my website actually:

So, while it has less features than the $500 EoTech, he's impressed enough to buy another. So, for the average shooter who is wanting to shoot without breaking the bank, doesn't sound like a bad deal backed by a very solid company :cool:.

Honestly, I hadn't even HEARD about Mueller Holographic scopes until I became a dealer, and I'm pretty internet savvy and a bargain shopper. I bought my first Mueller scope a few years back, (APV for a 17HMR), and was impressed. When I decided to open up an online retail store, and found out I'd be the only dealer in Kansas, I was excited to carry their line. The Mueller Holographic scopes haven't been geared enough, IMO, towards the Ruger Mark pistols, carbines, SBR's, etc. They've marketed them towards the shotgun crowd, but I think they have a big opportunity offering a quality holographic sight with a modest price-point for the bargain shopping AR/KelTec/AK, etc crowd. I've been busy shooting competitive shotgun all spring, and haven't had a chance to hit the range wit a pistol or rifle in months, but I'll be throwing a Mueller Holographic on my PLR-16 and giving it a run for it's money and get rid of the cheapie walmart red-dot it has on it now :-/.

15. shootah800

shootah800 New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    Just got mine today... Thanks, JoeBob, for the quick shipping.

I have had several of those lower-end red dots on several different firearms... Notice I said HAD.
    This one LOOKS very solid. I like the four reticle choices, and the automatic brightness control seems to work well, although I like the option of being able to manually override it.

I have a carbine match coming up May 22nd. I will go out this weekend to zero it and put a few hundred rounds through my AR that will be its new home. If it passes muster, I will shoot with it at the match. It will be very interesting to see if it will hold zero, and put up with the abuse of a carbine match.

I will certainly put it through its paces, and come back here and post an honest review.

-Matt

16. JoeBob

JoeBob New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Forgot where I put these links, but here's a heads up on where Mueller stacks up against the competition, in a few different reviews.

http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=9913

http://www.chuckhawks.com/recommended_riflescopes.htm

http://www.chuckhawks.com/mueller_3-10x44_tacII.htm

Quote from the last one:

"It may be something of a trade secret, but the fact is that the 3-10x44 Tac II is produced for Mueller in the same factory that makes the very highly regarded Sightron SIIB Big Sky riflescopes. "

Sightron Big Sky's a pretty well known, nice scope. It does however cost twice as much as the Mueller Tac II.

17. wrxty

wrxty New Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Are you still offering the tester at your cost? Im interested in trying one of these on a sub2k or my Ak.