Most reliable / easiest to feed ammo?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 68hodaka, Mar 31, 2009.

1. 68hodaka

68hodaka New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I know there is a ton of info on the "best? ammo for the P3At here, but what is the consensus on the most reliable and easiest to feed ammo for the P3?

I'm not concerned with ballistics or horsepower, I'm just looking for the best ammo that will feed and fire every time.

Thanks!

2. Nickanto

Nickanto New Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I have good luck with Winchester White Box, but like all .380 ammo, it is impossible to find. It was pretty readily available at Wal Marts a couple of months ago.

3. forestranger

forestranger Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2008
    NC
    The only ammo mine doesn't like is Wolf. Like a dummy :-[, I bought some thinking because the case looked like brass, it was brass. Wrong! WWB, S&B, Rem GS, Fed HS, DPX, Rem jhp have all fed great in mine.

4. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    The ammo you can get your hands on with this shortage  ;D

Try what you can find in your P3AT as long as it has a brass case.
    I have only been able to find American Eagle and Critical Defense for my new P3 and both of them shot nicely.

CJ

5. Hoopster

Hoopster New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I think the round nosed FMJ's will be the most reliable although I've not had any failures with any other rounds incl. HP's except with the Magtech 77gr all copper hollowpoints. These would fail to feed more often than not IIRC.

6. YooperP3at

YooperP3at New Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I've never had any problems with any of the ammo i've used.
    I've shot up all kinds of stuff...including realoads.

carry rounds: corbon jhp and fed hydra-shok.
    practice: magtec .. umc.. blazer

I've never had an issue with my gun or any ammo....Lucky.

7. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Federal Hi Shok  FMJ has never left me down once. I have over 200 rounds through her and not one single
    hic-cup... ever..since she was new. I am very happy with mine. I have even fired her sideways
    (wearing protection) The ejected casings really do go very far.  Unbelievable reliabilty.  ;D

8. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I have over 400 rounds through mine. More than half of that a combination of Golden Sabres and Speer gold Dot. The only issues I have had was a couple ftf and 1 fte about the 200 round count. All jams were while using the fmj target rounds. Maybe it's just a fluke but mine seems to prefer the hollow points.

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    1000's of rounds through multiple P3ATs of American Eagle FMJ. Love it.

-Scott

10. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    American Eagle FMJ also Winchester White Box, never had any problems with either. Those are for the range. Rem Golden Saber for carry.

11. twyacht

twyacht New Member

May 19, 2008
    Georgia Arms has new .380 FMJ's that seem to only be available at gunshows, all the others mentioned work well for range, I have been "sitting on my WWB" and other calibers, until the prices and consumers "hopefully" calm down. I have a good stash, but always "keep an eye out".

For carry I use Cor-Bon, or Speer Gold Dots...all feed very well also, no problems.

12. KelTex78

KelTex78 New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    If you have an Academy near you, the Monarch .380 seems to be good. It's a basic round nosed fmj and I haven't had any issues with it not feeding in my Little Clone Pistol. I've had trouble with Monarch in .45 ACP but no issues with the .380. It is dirty so clean your gun afterward...