Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I just got a KT .380 for Christmas.
I have been researching the best ammo for self defense and have determined that I want to go with CorBon Ammo; however which one is more accurate the 90 grain jacketed hollow point or the 80 grain CorBon DPX.

Your opinions are appreciated!!

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
Accuracy should be the least of your concerns for .380 SD ammo in what is basically a "point & shoot" gun like a P3AT.

Much more important is 100% functioning reliability, and terminal performance of the bullet.

In that regard, DPX seems to be at the top of the heap right now.

I would suggest you shoot a couple hundred rounds of cheap RN ball ammo to break in the new gun, and get used to shooting it.

Only then, try some DPX, Gold-Dot, or whatever good SD ammo you can afford, and buy locally.

If it works 100% in your gun, that would be the one to use.

rcmodel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does the P3-AT really shoot at point of aim at 15 yds? And id so what ammo was used.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Generally speaking, every individual gun shoots differently.

The only way to really find out the best gun/ammo/shooter combination for you is to try as many different types of ammo in your gun as possible.

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
What Bobo just said is exactly right.
No two guns will perform the same with the same ammo.

Nobody can tell you what your gun will shoot the best. You will have to try it to find out.

As for your question about shooting to POA at 15 yards, again, each gun and shooter is a different combination of sight picture, grip firmness, trigger control, etc.

What shoots to POA for one person probably won't for another person.

Regardless, the P3AT was not designed for target shooting precision.
If that's what you are expecting, you probably got the wrong pistol.

It was designed for Minute-of-Bad Guy accuracy at 7 yards or less.
15 yards is stretching it, although I sure wouldn't want a good pistol shot shooting at me at that range with one.

rcmodel

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
I have been known to put 1/2 of a magazine into a 9 inch paper plate at 25 yards--And that's Da*n good accuracy for this little belly gun. At 7 yards I can shoot a 2 inch group. at 10 feet, I can put most of them into a ragged hole.

The little gun is accurate enough, but it's NOT for drilling targets.

Packer.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  Oh Yeah! The DPX is VERY accurate. The Rem UMC JHP is very accurate as well, It just doesn't expand for crap from the P3AT.

If you want to practice with some accurate ammo, the UMC 88gr JHP can't be beat for price--Just don't CARRY it! The UMC FMJ is not too bad for accuracy either.

Packer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.