Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Aaron - can you get a picture framed just like that one but get the focus on the guiderod hole? I'll reserve my final thoughts until we can see it better but I am not sure you really have a problem. Is there a washer in there?

-Scott

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will see what I can do about the horrible picture in the morning....

There is a raised edge of material there, just not as pronounced as everyone elses.....but this is only at 100 rounds.

Will grab a picture and post it up before I send the slide off, maybe Im jumping the gun here (ha ha....jumping the gun.....Im here all weekend, bring the family).

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I can see the slightly raised edge. Probably not enough for there to be a problem... yet. Time will tell but I agree with JFB. I don't see any "peening".

G

·
oooooooooooo...that does not look so good.

Can you see the recoil spring through the guide rod hole when the gun is assembled?

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
Not meaning to add yet another "undefined" word into this area, but my first reaction when I saw that was that is was more a "flare" than a "ridge."

THAT one would have me worried enough to send it back. I am betting that the thickness of the metal behind that "flare" is pretty thin?

-Scott

G

·
Nu_Agin_Shooter said:
oooooooooooo...that does not look so good.

Can you see the recoil spring through the guide rod hole when the gun is assembled?
You mean like this....

166 rounds. The slide is on its way to KelTec as we "speak".

G

·
OW............that looks like it hurts!

After less than 100 rounds on my first slide, if I looked at the gun (EMPTY, MAG DROPPED, PIPE CLEARED) head on, I could see the spring trying to slip around the guide rod and through the hole. I stopped shooting at that point and got me a new slide.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Aaronrkelly, may I suggest if you put your camera in Macro mode, move back a foot or so and zoom in. The AF tends to work a little better, and push your shutter button halfway and see if it focuses where you want it to. Might also help to remove any background clutter. I just use a towel as a background. Just trying to help, I am not that good of a photog either.

L.W.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Another thought, where do you upload your photos to. I found that photobucket works the best for me, and I use the option to size them at 640/480, optimized for Message boards. That way they fit a little better.
L.W.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
W2 said:
Aaronrkelly, may I suggest if you put your camera in Macro mode, move back a foot or so and zoom in. The AF tends to work a little better, and push your shutter button halfway and see if it focuses where you want it to. Might also help to remove any background clutter. I just use a towel as a background. Just trying to help, I am not that good of a photog either.

L.W.
Thats what I did....those are the best of the ones I took. I also use Photobucket but I leave thim 800x600

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took it out today and shot 100 rounds thru it.

No failures at all....shot great.

The area doesnt appear to have changed much, if at all. Perhaps the ridge got sharper at the top portion of the guide rod hole....but not my much if it did.

With the gun assembled the guide rod has a little wiggle room in the hole but I cant see the spring.

Guess Im just going to leave it be for now.

I suspect the metal "ridge" that has formed is probably gone as far as its going to go.....we will see.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.