Monkey Grass!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by goosem36, Dec 15, 2008.

1. goosem36

goosem36 New Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Hi All! I picked me up a new P-3AT pakarized in drab olive this past weekend for $289 (pricey but I didn't want to wait). I've cleaned it and put about 200 red rounds (snap rounds) through it. The trigger feels really nice although I contemplating whether I should do a trigger job on it. If the gun proves reliable and accurate, I'll get the crimson trace and start carrying it during the summer months.

I've been lurking this forum for a long time. I followed the p32 about six years ago but I wanted something bigger. I ended up buying a Glock 36. Well time has passed and I discoved the P-3AT. Ha, I though it was the .32 and couldn't believe it. I had to have it. I'm glad I waited as it seems that the 2nd Generation has the majority of the kinks worked out. Thank you all for offering a great community and a wealth of knowlege.

One more question: Is the belt clip a safe way to carry?? ha ha ha. Just kidding...

2. devicemanager

devicemanager New Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Welcome. My P3AT that I picked up last Wed. is also olive/parker, and it was $300 from a local shop in West TX. It was the only one I could find new and I didn't want to take a chance and wait around for something better. Considering the gun frenzy $300 seems like a deal, especially when a blue P3AT is going for $300 (and up)+ship+xfer and the LCP is going for $350-$450 on Gunbroker.

As far as the belt clip goes, some swear by it while others say it will dig into your hand during recoil. As inexpensive as it is I say buy it and see for yourself. ;)

3. shurshot1

shurshot1 New Member

Nov 29, 2008
    I go a belt clip for my P3 a couple of weeks ago. Normally I carry it in my rear pocket but tried the belt carry a few times. No problem with the carry and have not noticed the clip during firing practice. Its just like its.....not even there. Normally carry it in a Nemesis holster which just slips inside the clip. Again, like its not even there. Cheers, Shurshot1

4. Cubriver_Kid

Cubriver_Kid New Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Welcome to KTOG,

When you get around to shooting the new jewel, tell us what you think of it.

CK

5. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG

Only If the CLIP is FULL of JHPs ;D