Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Folks,

So I've done my homework, rather extensively, and have concluded my quest for accessories and modifications...I think. As many S2K owners, I really dislike the front sight. Even though Kel-Tec has done a good job re-designing the front sight about 4 or 5 times, I still don't dig it. So I removed it and replaced it with a Magpul flip-up front sight on the top rail. The only problem I have now is that no matter what adjustments I make to the post, it still shoots low. After scratching my head for a bit, I think it's simply because the rear sight sits higher than the Magpul front site. Does anyone have/had the same issue and what did you do to correct it?

After removing the front site, the barrel is exposed with a good length thread, which I think is rather unsightly. I had a hard time finding aftermarket parts, especially looking for a barrel shroud. No one has one to my knowledge, so I contacted E&L Manufacturing out of Oregon for a custom-made shroud to cover the muzzle. After an email or two, I sent Val some pictures and dimensions. $58.00 and 5 days later it was in my mailbox, fit perfectly. I highly recommend these guys!!

Extended mags. Glock mags are the only thing I will trust my life with if it were to come to that. I tried the Korean KCI 30rd mags...JUNK! Poor quality and jams ever other round. The SGM Tactical mag runs "pretty ok" maybe 1 or 2 jams per stick, sometimes none. More for show really when it comes to the 30rd mags.

Tacticool Products online makes some nice comforting items. I like the buffer tube cover, helps your cheek out a bit. Also the charging handle cover for your fingers. I wasn't impressed with their recoil reducing buffer cylinder, it definitely made the gun malfunction. I don't think it gave the bolt enough room to blow back and eject shells.

The rest of the accessories, I found online or at local stores. I think this gun looks pretty sexy, hope you do to. I had a lot of fun putting it all together.

Here is a list of the accessories:

Barrel Shroud: E&L Manufacturing
Buffer Tube Cover: Tacticool Products
Charging Handle Cover: Tacticool Products
Forend Grip: Magpul AFG-2
Grip Cover: Hogue Standard Glock Cover
Front Sight: Magpul MBUS
Rail Riser/Extd: Aimfiree Products
Extended Magazine: SGM Tactical 30rd
Optics: SightMark Reflex

Regards,
Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Have you tried lowering the front sight post?
Yes, yes...of course. I threaded it all the way down which helped a little. But it still need to go down further...either that or I just cant shoot worth a damn. I'm taking the latter on that thought for now. Need more range time to determine. Maybe I need to adjust my sight picture a little.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, yes...of course. I threaded it all the way down which helped a little. But it still need to go down further...either that or I just cant shoot worth a damn. I'm taking the latter on that thought for now. Need more range time to determine. Maybe I need to adjust my sight picture a little.
Umm, cut the post down?

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
The pics make it look as if- the front sight is taller than the rear. If you bottom out the sight, how low does it shoot at 25, 50, 100 yards?
Thread your original sight. Is it the same height as your flip up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.