Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a condition certain people have, where they can't leave a thing as designed or purchased. These damaged individuals have to tweak, improve, or otherwise change a product or procedure just for the sake of doing it.
My battle with this disease has me playing with a bullpup design for the CMR, replacing the grip and lower rail with new fitment and carving an extra notch to hold the stock at 26.0625” overall length. Room for a couple spare mags in the stock is a given, 90 rounds on board for fun all week... It started with a feed ramp and progressed quickly from there.

Heaven help me when I get a second unit just to experiment with 😔

·
Super Moderator
9,988 Posts
There is a condition certain people have, where they can't leave a thing as designed or purchased. These damaged individuals have to tweak, improve, or otherwise change a product or procedure just for the sake of doing it.
Alternative diagnosis: Guy

Alternative diagnosis, for advanced stages of the disease: Engineer

...and carving an extra notch to hold the stock at 26.0625” overall length.
That's a very precise number. :)

Heaven help me when I get a second unit just to experiment with

·
Registered
14 Posts
My battle with this disease has me playing with a bullpup design for the CMR, replacing the grip and lower rail with new fitment and carving an extra notch to hold the stock at 26.0625” overall length. Room for a couple spare mags in the stock is a given, 90 rounds on board for fun all week... It started with a feed ramp and progressed quickly from there.

Heaven help me when I get a second unit just to experiment with 😔
Hey ArcticNemo!
the bullpup design for the CMR sickness started in me when I put a FWD grip "looks like this- Not exact 1" on my CMR.
(Amazon.com : Polymer, Lightweight, 20mm Hand Accessoris Tool for Outdoor Sports : Sports & Outdoors)

and though hey with this new handhold, if I moved the trigger/handgrip just forward of current location & left the stock closed... WOW it fits me really well... I'm resisting at the moment "actually I'm in the process of moving & both my lathe and mill are crated."

Roger ?:^)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I did fall into engineering work by fault of my own nature... Got it in one try, good job 👍

·
Registered
35 Posts
Modification sickness keeps many gun-health folks employed from manufacturers to gunsmiths. Hey - if it makes you more effective with the piece, go for it. Scopes for failing eyes, better fitting grips for non-standard hands, red dots, lighter triggers (within reason, especially for self-defense guns), corrosion-resistant finishes for hostile environments, etc. are all good. However I draw the line at ridiculous modifications like AR-type collapsible stocks for pump shotguns (Rem 870 & Mossberg 500/590), multiple accessory rails, million lumen lights, etc. that are usually detriments to one's use. OK, it's still a free country - sort of - but the engineer in me (retired as one after 40+ years at it) dictates only effective, efficient solutions.

·
Grand Poobah
1,381 Posts

That's a very precise number. :)

View attachment 54694
I think a rifle has to have an overall length of 26 inches or greater. It looks like he is building in a tolerance to make sure he's legal.
In a just world, that unconstitutional💩 known as the NFA would have never seen the light of day.

buzzsaw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts