Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the posts and looking at Pop's trigger I decided to modify mine, reasoning that if I screwed it up I could just order a new trigger. I firmly put it in the vise and used a large drill bit to use as a fulcrum. I heated slowly with the heatgun and used a screwdriver to lever the trigger. this straightened it up nicely and I then took 1/8" of the trigger. I think it turned out pretty good, and will have to post a pic later.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
A number of folks have modded the stock trigger, either by heat/reshape, or adding some shrink tubing. This seems to have improved the trigger for many, but they do not add the features of the aluminum trigger of course (wider, reduced pre- and over-travel, etc). But certainly costs less and effective for those who prefer mods over the aluminum trigger.

Jim R

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Mailed pop today. ask him about p380 trigger. Hes got one on the drawing board....there is one new nine (pf9) in town. Looked at it yesterday. Kt has done mods in area at barrel hood & slide. Shot 2500 rounds thru 380, first time Monday it cut my finger. Can be the same with pf9 .. Thanks may trim 1/8" off.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Mailed pop today. ask him about p380 trigger. Hes got one on the drawing board....there is one new nine (pf9) in town. Looked at it yesterday. Kt has done mods in area at barrel hood & slide. Shot 2500 rounds thru 380, first time Monday it cut my finger. Can be the same with pf9 .. Thanks may trim 18" off.
Might be kind of hard to pull the trigger with 18" gone-of course, if your trigger is that long to start with, its no wonder you might have trouble with it. Thanks for a little laugh today.

Jim R

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of what I did. I may invest in the aluminum trigger, I need to first shoot this and see how I like it. I really like this gun for its role as a BUG. Mine has been great, I tried to sell it for a while, to go back to J frames. Nobody want to pay anything for it so I will just keep it and feed it.....I have big hands and fingers and the trigger going so far forward was an issue for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RANGE REPORT:

Put 100 rounds down range, I am very satisfied with the trigger. This thing shoots good for a pocket gun.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Nanuk said:
RANGE REPORT:

Put 100 rounds down range, I am very satisfied with the trigger. This thing shoots good for a pocket gun.
Thanks for the report. I wondered if the cost and do-it-yourself was worth it or not. Plastic kind of scares me. That metal trigger is like having insurance the gun will go bang.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I modded my trigger pretty much the same way as Nanuk, works well enough that switching out for an aluminum trigger is an option at this point, (although I'll probably do it).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured that if I screwed it up the aluminum was an option. I am on a strict budget ATM, been retired 6 mos and U.S. Still has not paid me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
That's about what my trigger looks like too, except mine is a little more rounded off at the tip so my finger will slide in a little easier. I might get Pop's down the road, but for now it's working fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts