Militec - Is it still recommended?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gilbertfamily2000, Dec 4, 2007.

1. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Does KTOG still highly recommend Militec for the P3AT's? I ordered a sample from them based on some recommendations on this site. I look forward to trying it. Do you really need to bake the metal that you place Militec on?

2. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Some folks bake it in the oven, I used a hand held hair dryer. Worked very well but I went back to the good old Rem-Oil or the Break Free CLP for oil. I still use the Militec-1 grease on the places where grease is called for.

3. medphys3

medphys3 New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    I've been using MCM (molecular metal conditioner) as a cleaner and lubricant for my p3at and p32. Is there something I am missing? I thought this was recommended by kel-tec. I do use 'normal' lube for the magazines, though.
    Todd

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I still use/like Militec.

5. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    mil tec always will be a good lube, and lord knows i've used enough of it on various weapons, but for some reason my P3 will probably never see it. i almost exclusively use grease on this one.

6. Plex

Plex New Member

Feb 23, 2005
  7. FMJ

FMJ New Member

Jul 6, 2007
    As for a magazine lubricant, I have been using aerosol silicone . Spray the outside, inside, spring, and follower of the magazine and the well. After evaporation, a dry slippery surface is left and no dust or debris will collect. It works better than anything I've used. Try it- you'll like it.

8. drcohen

drcohen New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    The proven product is Mil-Comm's TW-25B - used in "polish" amounts for that applications. In the sand box, US troops treat weapons etc. with it and a good tap knocks sand right off. Less is more.

Best corrosion. Best cold temp. Best longevity in one treatment. #1 commercial lube used by services. Used by Dave Sevigny of Glock. Every Sig is made with it. Endorsed by Gunsite. Also great for knives - SOG uses it. And there's a new wipe product.

www.mil-comm.com

There are plenty of dealers online.

9. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    do you know this for a fact? i'm using the TW-25 on a number of my guns here, but i NEVER HEARD of the stuff until a few months ago (been back from the desert for 5 months or so now). must depend on what unit a guy's in, but all i saw in 16 months of sand was LSA, CLP, and Mil Tec.