Militec-1 Question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by bro61, Sep 19, 2008.

1. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hope this hasn't been covered a thousand times already but I couldn't find the answer on this site or Militec's. Should I do the bake on process on the aluminum frame? (140 degrees) How about the various springs and the firing pin? Militec's instructions says that it stiffens the surface of the metal. Thanks

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    i don't. use just like any other gun oil.

ymmv. but i would never bake aluminum.

3. Bo_Bryant

Bo_Bryant New Member

Jun 7, 2008
    You can heat it with a hair dryer, doesn't get as hot as the oven, but I found it works just fine that way.

Bo Bryant

4. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Hair dryer method for me too. Or you can apply it and shoot...I believe the website and/or bottle mentions this as well. I assume you are talking about their oil and not grease.

5. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Yes it's the oil. I just didn't know if it worked on aluminum the same way the company says it works on steel.

6. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    personally, i like the grease. Anybody else have an opinion on the grease? I've never used the oil. Is it any good? I'm currently using Mobil 1 5W-30. ;)

7. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I've been using the free sample of the oil that militec sent me about a year ago. I emailed them and politely asked if they would send me a sample of their products. I was hoping to get some grease too, but only got the oil. I really like it though.

8. alamo

alamo New Member

Sep 12, 2004
    I wouldn't bother putting it on the frame. I just put it all over the slide / barrel / guide rod / assembly pin and bake them at low heat for 10-15 minutes.  I put grease on the slide rails and it a bit of grease on the parts of the frame where the slide makes contact with it - some places on the top of the frame and the frame rails.

9. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    I decided to put it on the slide, barrel, including the bore, the firing pin and spring, guide rod, recoil springs, assembly pin, and ejector. After having shot it a couple times now it does seem to clean up easy, especially the bore which was what militec said was one of the benefits plus i have shot 126 flawless rounds, 20% of them hollow points.