Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this hasn't been covered a thousand times already but I couldn't find the answer on this site or Militec's. Should I do the bake on process on the aluminum frame? (140 degrees) How about the various springs and the firing pin? Militec's instructions says that it stiffens the surface of the metal. Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bo_Bryant said:
You can heat it with a hair dryer, doesn't get as hot as the oven, but I found it works just fine that way.

Bo Bryant
Hair dryer method for me too. Or you can apply it and shoot...I believe the website and/or bottle mentions this as well. I assume you are talking about their oil and not grease.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been using the free sample of the oil that militec sent me about a year ago. I emailed them and politely asked if they would send me a sample of their products. I was hoping to get some grease too, but only got the oil. I really like it though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
I wouldn't bother putting it on the frame. I just put it all over the slide / barrel / guide rod / assembly pin and bake them at low heat for 10-15 minutes.  I put grease on the slide rails and it a bit of grease on the parts of the frame where the slide makes contact with it - some places on the top of the frame and the frame rails.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I decided to put it on the slide, barrel, including the bore, the firing pin and spring, guide rod, recoil springs, assembly pin, and ejector. After having shot it a couple times now it does seem to clean up easy, especially the bore which was what militec said was one of the benefits plus i have shot 126 flawless rounds, 20% of them hollow points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.