Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oTrue confession, I was listening to Michael Savage on the radio as I was driving home tonigh and I was surprised (shocked) to hear him talk about a special KelTec production run of the P3AT with a laser sight on special to Michael Savage.

I looked up the web link when I got home http://www.freedom1791.com/ and there it was!  Only they had a suggested retail price of $600.  Gosh I paid less than $300 for my P3AT earlier this year, but it didn't come with a chrome slide, 2nd magazine or a laser sight, but still $600 doesn't sound like a discounted bargin.  I guess I am not into "collector firearms."

Anyone else heard about these or think that they may be a good deal?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Wow they really tried to copy Kel tec's web page.
I'd pass, not a big fan of lasers and I don't think it's worth the price.

CJ

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
The small grip size and light trigger pull make the P-3AT ideal for female shooters.
Ha. Ha. They made a funny.

·
Registered
18 Posts
While he is considered a conservative radio talk show host, you would have to listen for yourself to come up with your own conclusions.

http://www.michaelsavage.wnd.com/

I think its a pretty nice looking piece, though i would not pay that much myself for something that you dont shoot.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
virtual-rjhauser said:
The small grip size and light trigger pull make the P-3AT ideal for female shooters.
Ha. Ha.  They made a funny.
They sure did. My wife can handle a 40S&W and my .357 with no trouble. However, she hates my P3AT, my LCP, and my PF-9, all for the same reason---felt recoil.

G

·
Somehow, for me, this cheapens the look of the P3AT instead of enhancing it. I mean, I like my little P3 but it is no one's collector's piece and not something to hang on the wall in a fancy display case. In fact, for me, this brings up images of those 'commemorative' (non-legal tender in the U.S.) coins issued by countries like Paraguay and sold for $19.95 on late-night infomercials. I can see having a little engraving done on a KT, just to personalize it a bit, but that is not the same. Oh, well, to each his or her own, I guess.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
JB said:
Somehow, for me, this cheapens the look of the P3AT instead of enhancing it.  I mean, I like my little P3 but it is no one's collector's piece and not something to hang on the wall in a fancy display case.  In fact, for me, this brings up images of those 'commemorative' (non-legal tender in the U.S.) coins issued by countries like Paraguay and sold for $19.95 on late-night infomercials.  I can see having a little engraving done on a KT, just to personalize it a bit, but that is not the same.  Oh, well, to each his or her own, I guess.
I agree. I love my P3AT's - got 3 of them now. But they aren't collector's items and I don't think this one will hold its value.

I'm not a big fan of lasers either, but that is a different issue.

·
Banned
4,317 Posts
It's featured on the Kel-Tec CNC home page, so I guess it's a sorta official version.
I am not too impressed, but your mileage may vary.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
If they had the "Nancy Pelosi Memorial Sub2000" or the "Ted Kennedy Special Edition PLR", then I would be all over it.

B.

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
PshootR said:
It's featured on the Kel-Tec CNC home page, so I guess it's a sorta official version.
+1

Now a Jim Croce "Leroy Brown" P32 would be impressive

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
JFB said:
[quote author=PshootR link=1252989627/0#12 date=1253133701]It's featured on the Kel-Tec CNC home page, so I guess it's a sorta official version.
+1

Now a Jim Croce "Leroy Brown" P32 would be impressive[/quote]

Didn't Leroy Brown have a 380? ;D

CJ

·
Registered
5,028 Posts
Now leroy he a gambler
And he like his fancy clothes
And he like to wave his diamond rings
In front of everybodys nose
He got a custom continental
He got an eldorado too
He got a 32 gun in his pocket for fun
He got a razor in his shoe
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqYkCJaBAyA[/ame]

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
5000 , dang that's a big run for a 'special edition'. I'd rather have me a P3AT/NAA32 ( or a .357 Sig S2K). Now that would be special... Ya , I know one just went thru the TP . I saw it and let it slip, don't count on that ever again ;D

As far as having limited edition stuff , who says ya can't shoot it  ::)
Want to shoot a 1 of 1000 Ruger JW .45 come on over;
http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1247785420/12#12

1 - 20 of 58 Posts