Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
wish I had a good answer

but I don`t. I have been wondering the same thing. This mount would be grand if it held zero good.
Haven`t seen one in person to evaluate but, I assume it has a V block set up that locks it into place. I was wondering if a stronger return spring would fix the problem?.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would be more impressed if instead of mounting to the flexible handguard, it had a mounting block that installed on the barrel and the mount attached to that.

For the $$$, I keep looking at getting a Red Lion fore end and having it coated to match my FDE S2K.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would be more impressed if instead of mounting to the flexible handguard, it had a mounting block that installed on the barrel and the mount attached to that.

For the $$$, I keep looking at getting a Red Lion fore end and having it coated to match my FDE S2K.
Yup or someone needs to come out with an aluminum front hand guard just like the oem plastic one. You can't mount optics to a flexing polymer hand guard and expect it to hold zero.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take my money

Yup or someone needs to come out with an aluminum front hand guard just like the oem plastic one. You can't mount optics to a flexing polymer hand guard and expect it to hold zero.
I keep waiting for the day that I will get an email from Mcarbo offering this. A nice solid hand guard and rotating mount would be worth quite a bit to me. I love the S2K, but the low fixed sights are not effective for me.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You guys know the attaching screws hit the barrel? I read that somewhere and sure enough - witness marks on my barrel. I like the idea behind the MI mount and wanted it to work (I took mine off the gun). So I ground the screws down enough to eliminate contact with the barrel. Next, I couldn't find my blue Loctite so I put a dab of Gorilla super glue on the threads (I know - no need to lecture) and it appears rock solid. Have only been able to run 50 rounds through it since then. BUT - I believe the major malfunction is the screw contact. Something to look at on your Gen 2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.