Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
32,172 Posts
jlwman said:
They are quite a bit more expensive than I thought they would be...
Me too. I think the equipment being used, the small size and different faces/surfaces on the catch makes them a little labor intensive. However, you only pay for quality once. ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have one in my P3AT and also my P11. DaveNC on this site does a great job! Both fixed the problem of my mags falling out on their own. Worth every Dollar.......

·
Registered
160 Posts
RPM_64, the mag catch is of course made of plastic. So over time it will wear out. You can always call Kel-Tec and they will send you one for free. I just enjoy the fact that I should never have to replace the mag catch. Just my personal preference.......

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
I got mine from KelTec directly for about $7 I think, hell, maybe it was free. I asked for one when I ordered a couple other things.

Does KT not sell metal mag releases anymore?

<edit>

My bad ... it was $7.12

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/cart2/product_info.php?cPath=26_27&products_id=99

</edit>

<edit2>

oops ... that was for the PF-9 though ... sorry, brain fart

</edit2>

·
Registered
64 Posts
bh153dc said:
RPM_64, the mag catch is of course made of plastic. So over time it will wear out. You can always call Kel-Tec and they will send you one for free. I just enjoy the fact that I should never have to replace the mag catch. Just my personal preference.......
Thank You. I think I might just grab one for the sake of the plastic one NOT wearing out. Just an ounce of prevention on my end. Certainly can't hurt.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I like mine because I don't have to push up on the mag first to remove it, and pushing the release when inserting the mag.
Not much I know, but I like knowing some metal is holding my ammo in the gun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
New to the site here. Moose, it says I am not allowed to access the link. I'm having serious enough issues with my mag catch now that I am uncomfortable trusting the gun for use. One good whack to the side and it falls out, also falls out when I try to chamber a round. I've sanded the mag and lower end of the grip. I've tried to load the clip -1. Nothings working. I figure the mag catch went bad, even though it's been only 8 mths or so. Any other way to get the metal mag catches? Or do I just need to get my post count up? Thanks for the info, and great site.

·
Registered
257 Posts
chiefjason said:
New to the site here.  Moose, it says I am not allowed to access the link.  I'm having serious enough issues with my mag catch now that I am uncomfortable trusting the gun for use.  One good whack to the side and it falls out, also falls out when I try to chamber a round.  I've sanded the mag and lower end of the grip.  I've tried to load the clip -1.  Nothings working.  I figure the mag catch went bad, even though it's been only 8 mths or so.  Any other way to get the metal mag catches?  Or do I just need to get my post count up?  Thanks for the info, and great site.
Right now I would call Keltec, they will send you a new one free.

Be sure to push in on the release when inserting the magazine, and push up on the magazine, then the release, when removing the magazine.

Look around the site and join in on what's going on, lots to learn from the good folks here.
You'll have your 25 posts before you know it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Will this magazine release help prevent the magazine from unintentional releases?

Sometimes when I carry my P3AT in my pocket with nothing else, I grab the gun to remove it and the magazine is popped loose. I have filed the release down which helped but it still seems to occur from time to time.

·
Registered
64 Posts
ericgst said:
Will this magazine release help prevent the magazine from unintentional releases?

Sometimes when I carry my P3AT in my pocket with nothing else, I grab the gun to remove it and the magazine is popped loose. I have filed the release down which helped but it still seems to occur from time to time.
When I installed mine I noticed it to be a touch snugger to push than the factory plastic. I could trim a touch but decided to leave the snugness in. Does it help, I think so BUT I really don't know for sure. IMHO it can't hurt. Good Luck. :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts