Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there somewhere I can get a metal mag catch for the P3AT? I recently bought my P3AT and when I took it to the range, the mag would drop after I fired a round. At first I thought I was bumping the release, but then I discovered that if i wiggled the mag while in the gun, it would pop out.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
A metal mag catch may help, but it also may be flashing around the bottom of the weapon/mag foot plate that prevents it from seating all the way up. I am betting ($.02) that if you insert the mag normally (you are holding in the mag release when you insert the mag aren't you?) and then give it a good hard swat to the bottom up into the gun that it will lock up quite tight?

-Scott

G

·
A Scott hinted, don't be surprised if there is some trash (plastic shavings) in the mag area. You can use an exacto knife to shave off the edges and then clean it up. It may also be you have a bad mag catch. Just call KT and they will send you a new one.

But the best option, as far as I am concerned, is the metal catch. Two Pistol Packer is selling them at the link below.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1177543154

Some on this board suggest holding the mag catch in while you insert the mag. Not me. I have metal catches on all of my 3AT's and I slam the mags in every time. It is my understanding that should I ever need to insert a mag during a streessful moment, that is what I will do any way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.