Member having trouble accessing site

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by GoldenLoki, Oct 4, 2009.

1. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Member WyoShooter has not been able to access the site. He asked me to fwd his message in hopes that someone can help him out.

GL

His message is below:

Since about late Tuesday, Sept 29, or early Wednesday, I have been unable to connect to the KTOG opening page.  I first realized there was a problem when I couldn't move from the forum page I had open to another page which wasn't loaded in cashe.  I thought the site was down but I emailed GoldenLoki yesterday and he said the site has been working for him.

I'm online and I can connect and log in to dozens of sites across the country that I have bookmarked, but not KTOG.  I have two computers, both running Windows XP Pro Service pack 3 and I can use both Firefox 3.5.3 and Windows Explorer 7.  I can't get any combination of these to bring up KTOG.

The lights on my DSL modem/router blink once when I try to connect to KTOG indicating that a ping has been sent but I get no response that I can see from KTOG and I get the "cannot display the webpage" type of  message after several seconds of trying to connect.

My log in name on the forum is WyoShooter and my ISP is the University of Wyoming.  Is it possible KTOG is blocking my ISP? I've looked at firewall settings and can't see that anything is different at my end of the connection.  I've cold booted both computers and my DSL modem/router.  It doesn't make a difference.

Let me know if something has changed at the KTOG computers or if there is something else I can do to get my connection back with KTOG.

Thanks,

Ed
    WyoShooter

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Thanks Don - I'll shoot him an email.

3. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Don! Tell Wyo to check his yahoo mail.

4. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Sent him the message.

Thanks for the help TxCajun :)

GL

5. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    I lost the board last Tuesday evening about 9 PM, suddenly just lost the server. Thought it was the site down as had happened previously but I am currently ona trip to California and just thought to check it using a pirated 1mbps signal from the house next door and WOW, it's been my connection evidently

Anyway, unable to check my server until Friday, 9 October so am begging people to see if I am around on Friday and if not to assume I have a problem. I sent a PM to RJ letting him know also so hopefully all will be well.

Again, I am currently using a pirated signal, this is not my usual home ISP

Dan R

6. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I saw your other post Dan - check you hotmail. ;)

7. lcdrdanr

lcdrdanr Active Member

Nov 4, 2004
    AND, I'm Back !!

On line and able to access KTOG, what a relief !!!!

Dan R