Melted slides with TiN CBN plating

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by sprinter1, May 14, 2008.

1. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I had to post this picture of 3 melted slides sent to me by a member for Titanium Nitride Cobalt Boron Nitride Plating. They are just perfect and the pictures don't do them justice! I'll leave it up to the member to let you know who the happy owner is.

[​IMG]

2. MarkTX

MarkTX New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    League City TX
    Nice job melting and plating looks great.

3. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Yes I am indeed the happy owner and will be even more so after I actually get them back in the mail.  That P-32 is for my Mom and it will be a surprise 'upgrade' for her current HC slide when I visit her this summer in Michigan! I'll keep her original HC for use on my own P-32.

Sprinter, you're going to have to think up some fancy trade name for the Titanium Nitride Cobalt Boron Nitride process.  It was bad enough trying to remember Cobalt Boron Nitride and then you had to go and make it more complicated!   ;D

4. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    They look great! DMB, what are you going to do for sights on the little guys?

5. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Nice job! Mabey call the process "TIBON" for short?

6. gbm5170

gbm5170 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    An ArmaLaser will be on all three pistols. I'll eventually put night-sights on the P-40 as well. I agonized over removing the stock sights, they are all but useless anyway, except in well lit circumstances. The P-32 and P-3AT are up-close and personal guns!

7. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Man, that looks awesome!

8. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I'd call it... TiNCBoN.

9. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I can't wait to get my "Tin cee bon" parts back! ;)

-Scott

10. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    I can't wait to get my "Tin cee bon" parts back! ;)

-Scott
    [/quote]

Your TiN CBN will be shipping tomorrow with all of the rest we have in the shop :D

11. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I was thinking "tink-bon", but you say tomato, I say tomahto... :p

12. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    An ArmaLaser will be on all three pistols. I'll eventually put night-sights on the P-40 as well. I agonized over removing the stock sights, they are all but useless anyway, except in well lit circumstances. The P-32 and P-3AT are up-close and personal guns![/quote]

The Armalaser will be better than the little sights I am sure. The sights (or the laser) are most useful for qualification for the CCW permit, if not much else.

13. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Ok I do believe that I am in love... I think my little buddy needs this done to him :D

So how do I go about finding out the price and time frames??
    ;)

14. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    We have a $25.00 off special that is going on until May 19th, here is the link: http://www.ktaddons.com/special.htm

15. richardallen08

richardallen08 New Member

Jun 12, 2012
    Please tell me you are still doing this. I am buying 2 Kel-Tec P3AT's and have researched the heck out of how to customize them. I'd like to know which finish to buy, and then ship it to you to refinish it. If your Titanium Nitride Cobalt Boron Nitride finish is still the up-to-date toughest finish, I would love to have it done. Your website is not working very well and you haven't been active on here in several months. I hope to get a response from you...

16. Mikelecka

Mikelecka Active Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Fayetteville nc
    Melting done at desk with file and then in a vice with long strips of emeroy cloth smoothed out like polishing shoes, Then sent to ccrrefinishing.com 1000hour military salt bath certified plated.

[​IMG]

idea from DOC HOLIDAY; nitrite borite stuff. Or spell that!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  17. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Last I heard he quit the business some time ago, you could try and contact him but I don't even remember the last time I saw Sprinter post anything.

Mike has the right idea, do the melt yourself and send it to CCR or another pro to refinish.

If you search you should find a few re-finishers that are members here. CCR, Golden Loki and Mikey are a few off the top of my head. Just keep in mind that any commerce needs to take place in the Trading Post, read the rules for details.

Lastly, Welcome to KTOG, lots of good people here.