Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

MCARBO Trigger Guard

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  KT9mm 
#1 ·
Just finished installing MCARBO internals and trigger guard. I noticed it's much stiffer than stock and has to snap into place by either unfolding the gun quickly with force or by manually pushing the guard back until it locks. Is this normal? My concern is firing the weapon without it being locked.

#2 ·
Why the Mcarbo trigger guard? Kel Tec has a new revision trigger guard now for the Gen2 Subs. They'll install the new one for ya...free...if you send it to them and ask. Heck, they would probably send you the part so you can install it yourself.

(sigh)

Yes, you need a firm lock-up before firing the Sub.That may not happen from what you say. Maybe something is wrong with the Macarbo part? I would ask them first.

#5 ·
I, too, installed the MCARBO trigger guard and noticed how stiff it was. When installing the next few MCARBO items, I always checked the spring placement, etc. for the guard to be sure it was installed correctly. Mine is stiff when pushing it to fold up, a little harder to one finger operate it than the factory guard without moving my hand from the shooting position, but snaps back into place just fine. And I like the solid stiff aluminum feel. This is something that I just don't see me needing to push and fold up quickly while defending my family. My S2K still unfolds quickly and snaps together solidly. Those are the important moves.

#10 ·
My Trigger Guard is tight to operate when the handgrip sections are apart, so mine is not a screw tightness issue. Every time I open the firearm (every time MCARBO offers something else) I always check for proper spring placement, etc for the Guard. It snaps together just right when opening, but needs that extra power to break the firearm in half compared to the factor guard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.