Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honest, searched the shit outta this. All those that bought the PMR-30 bundle . your experiences, likes, dislikes. Appreciate any feedback on this product. And/others you found were awesome. Broke my firing pin. Looking to upgrade. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the feed ramp and mag release from Mcarbo several months ago. My buddy also purchased the same parts at the same time. We took a 45 minute ride to keltec and had the parts installed in both of our pmrs. My buddy shot his when we got back to my house. I haven’t shot mine yet due to a shoulder surgery. Both of our pmrs ran flawlessly before the upgrade. We just like Mcarbo upgrades. As far as the firing pin they have a new designed pin that is more robust. Just call Kel-Tec they will send you a replacement or 2 on their dime. I have only had excellent customer service from them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
77AE4D83-DF31-4A93-B327-CF79CFB0B0BC.jpeg
Just bought all the parts for my pmr, have allready installed threaded barrel and crimson trace green laser. Will install all the mc parts and see what happens. Gun has only been fired once to see if it works.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Info on the laser, please.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have done an Mcarbo trigger spring kit on my Ruger LCP .22, I did not get what I hoped for but not sorry I did it. I also installed their Kel_tec P17 trigger kit, it did do what I hoped for. I like their products and the install videos. I bought their PMR30 speed loader, it works as good as any. I don't yet see a reason to replace the feed ramp or the mag release on my PMR30 so I'll let that slide for a while.

I do find it strange that Kel-Tec would install aftermarket internal parts on one of their fire arms. I can see a site or grip upgrade but mechanical parts????? They would have to void warranty?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The warranty is not void when Kel-Tec installs Mcarbo parts. If there is a problem with the Mcarbo parts those are warranted by Mcarbo

·
Registered
6 Posts
Will I void my warranty if I install the aftermarket parts? I have no need to do so as yet. I went shooting today, and i fired 90 rounds without a hitch. I think I may order a few extra buffers from Kel Tec. That part seems really easy to lose. Does anyone know where I can get a longer, aftermarket barrel? If someone made a 7 inch barrel, I would buy it in a heartbeat. The increase in accuracy and velocity would be soooo awesome. A barrel shroud for the extended portion of this 7 inch barrel would make it look cool too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I ended up purchasing the bundle and installed it. It was pretty straight forward cuz I watched the video on the install a bunch of times. Everything looks and appears to function correctly. I will be taking it to the range this Thursday.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ordered just the mag release, couple minutes to install and so much better, mag is held up tight, every round picked. Tip is to use small tubing, like 1/16", and hold spring ends together on reinsertion, no need to split the hand grip assembly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I did it on 3 PMR-30's and a CMR-30. With certain ammo, not a single problem. CCI Maxi Mags, Winchester X, and Armscor all work perfectly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts