Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
some of this is similar to what i did to my Intertec Cat45 to lessen the stacking and the trigger pull was much improved.
but on the p11, will this improve (shorten ) the reset lenght of the trigger? that is where i want improvement. with my finger size, to insure reset i pretty much have to completely release the trigger until my finger taps the back of the trigger guard
Beats me. I'm not enough of an engineer to say anything more than the article says. And even then, I wouldn't attempt this on a dare.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: mtn_chef

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the spring and trigger mod but like others I read about now have a problem with the trigger not resetting. Has anyone else ran into this problem and fixed it? Saw another post where the trigger bar was filed after the hammer contact point and have removed about 2 thousandth from mine to the point that it almost resets. But not certain of the effects if I remove more material. Anyone have a answer?

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
I did the spring and trigger mod but like others I read about now have a problem with the trigger not resetting. Has anyone else ran into this problem and fixed it? Saw another post where the trigger bar was filed after the hammer contact point and have removed about 2 thousandth from mine to the point that it almost resets. But not certain of the effects if I remove more material. Anyone have a answer?
I purchased a new trigger bar from KT.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
2 Posts
That was my next step. I even put the old trigger and hammer springs back in and tried it that with similar results. Now the bar catches a fee times and I can hear a distinct click when the bar slips. I could also apply slight pressure along the bar ide of the polymer frame and make it work. As well as pump the trigger by removing my finger touching the trigger and removing it again, I can make it reset.
So a new bar and then a trigger axis, then putting the old trigger back in if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i put the spring kit and aluminum trigger in mine last night. i noticed the failure to reset as well but when i put it all back together then it reset fine every time during dry fire. i took the adjustment screws out before noticing this so i will have to take it all down and put the screws back in.

·
Registered
701 Posts
I got mine used with the kit already in. but I hated the long reset. easy fix by modifying the link that connects the trigger to the search. ends up movig thr release point back, but gives you more finger clearance at the front. I suggest buying a spare part in case you go too far. cheap part. the instructions are somewhere on an old post on this site

·
Registered
701 Posts
I got mine used with the kit already in. but I hated the long reset. easy fix by modifying the link that connects the trigger to the search. ends up movig thr release point back, but gives you more finger clearance at the front. I suggest buying a spare part in case you go too far. cheap part. the instructions are somewhere on an old post on this site

61 - 68 of 68 Posts