Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
I installed mine and the trigger pull was better but not by that much.
I did like the slight stacking right before the sear tripped.
I think the hammer spring is way too stiff, because the trigger spring is way lighter and the firing pin spring is stronger,I might do the paper clip mode just to see if that helps lower the pull some.
In my honest opinion, I would not have ordered this spring kit....but I will give it a few trios to the gun range to change my mind...
Get your snap-cap and do 200-500 dry fires.

Worked for me.

Peace favor your sword (mobile)

·
Grand Poobah
2,269 Posts
I did the paper clip mod and that made a huge difference.
The trigger pull is so smooth and the slight stacking at the end is nice, knowing it's gonna break at that point. Or just pull straight thru with out slowing and bang....just like a revolver...or just ease off the trigger with no bang.
The trigger pull is about 2lbs less than my un-modified Pf9 with it's metal northwood trigger so I'm thinking it's in the 4-5 lb range. I did the snap caps for an hour too, alternating hands and surprisingly I did not get the dreaded trigger finger blister that comes with constantly pulling the P11 trigger, I impressed myself again.
Well I also heated the trigger guard with a hair dryer and stuck a broom stick inside to make it slightly larger for my fat fingers.Also I heated up the trigger and used a wide pair of pliers to make it a little more straighter & flatter and that brings the trigger reset back a little too.
All of these I had done to all of my other P-11's & P40's, so they still worked for me.
Still thinking about ordering a metal trigger from Mcarbo or RTK just to have one.
My 2 plastic replacement triggers & pins just came in from eBay, so I will have some in reserve now that KelTec is not making any more in case I have to send mine in for repair.
When I bought my first P-11 the KTOG group talked about modding their guns, which I thought was a bad thing back then, but after 9 years or so of doing the same little things like fluffing and bluffing, and just getting to know your gun, was worth it.
I love you guys.

·
Grand Poobah
2,269 Posts
I forgot to add that I did round off the rear corners on both sides where your thumb knuckle hits when you fire a round, I always got that little bit of skin rubbed off from the recoil.So better to do it now or suffer later. Now for some range time.....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I installed mine and the trigger pull was better but not by that much.
I did like the slight stacking right before the sear tripped.
I think the hammer spring is way too stiff, because the trigger spring is way lighter and the firing pin spring is stronger,I might do the paper clip mode just to see if that helps lower the pull some.
In my honest opinion, I would not have ordered this spring kit....but I will give it a few trips to the gun range to change my mind...
The first one installed I shot two clips through and tore it down and put the factory trigger spring back in I love it it after that

·
Registered
274 Posts
Dang! I had talked myself out of these with your first post, and you had to follow up with this....(Edit) now I’m waiting for the mail delivery, too. Luckily the reduced price is still in place.
I installed the Mcarbo springs a couple of weeks ago. I’ve cycled the slide well over 500 times, dry fired over 500 times, and made a range trip with 3 or 4 mags of FMJ. I’m disappointed to report that the trigger pull still measures over 8#’s. It was over 9#’s before the Mcarbo install, so the change isn’t noticeable to me.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
I installed the Mcarbo springs a couple of weeks ago. I’ve cycled the slide well over 500 times, dry fired over 500 times, and made a range trip with 3 or 4 mags of FMJ. I’m disappointed to report that the trigger pull still measures over 8#’s. It was over 9#’s before the Mcarbo install, so the change isn’t noticeable to me.
Contact them. See what they have to say.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
148 Posts
^ Take it apart and polish every thing --

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
So received the springs and triggers, and some kydex to carry the gun shown in the pictures above. I hope to get it all installed this weekend, if my girls don't hijack my agenda. Have shot 2 mags and 5 other rounds thru it for function test, pulled it apart and been going over it some. Couple of things to note.
Plastic rear sight is loose, found it wandering around in the slide cut so, that's now reattached with some lock tite... will need to see if my eyeball'ed job on gettin them centered is any good. gun arrived to me pretty dirty so it's since been cleaned up nice and looked over. Does not appear to be shot much. Scariest discovery is the grinding slide to frame feel when racking. Working the slide just feels bad. Got in there and looked and was startled by the tool marks from the machining, They are like teeth! It's an older gun (will soon call the mothership for it's b-day) but oh holy smoke.... So last night I got to town on the inside of these rail cuts on the slide. Took a shim from one of those packs you buy at the home improvement store (must have for carpentry/projects). Trimmed to about 3/4 inch wide and cut the skinny end till I had about a 1/16 of inch width. From there I cut long strips of some 400 grit so I could keep it tight on the end of my "tiny sanding block" An hour later, and the slide action feels a lot better. In hindsight I wish I'd taken a picture of the tool marks. I know this old gun ain't gonna feel like a 1911 but I'm surprised it worked as well as it did when I was test firing it.
Huntin season is upon us (black powder here) so I don't know when a range report will get here but thus far I'm digging this "relic" I'll post more pic's after I get the new parts installed.

...Keep your powder dry boys.....
(and girls too)

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Firearm Gun Trigger Airsoft gun Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Air gun

Nothin left to do now but the shootin
RTK trigger and MCARBO spring kit installed Totally different trigger pull now, no pinch, nice and smooth, comfortably lighter. Trigger guard does rub still some. Might be try heating and bowing that out after I run some rounds thru it. Install itself wasn't too hard. Only pulled it back apart twice. First time cause the slide lock lever was still on the table, and the second time when, despite measuring the hammer spring was upside down.
In the pictures are: the still in the wrapper upon arrival, flush fit-blued mec-gar 10 round magazine. I do like the feel of the pinky extension mag, that one is stainless. Picked up off ebay the $25 SAS kydex holster, the click when it seats is real loud, but it ain't uncomfortable. If it groups nice I think I'll be right happy with it.
Happy sunday y'all

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
View attachment 45088 View attachment 45090
Nothin left to do now but the shootin
RTK trigger and MCARBO spring kit installed Totally different trigger pull now, no pinch, nice and smooth, comfortably lighter. Trigger guard does rub still some. Might be try heating and bowing that out after I run some rounds thru it. Install itself wasn't too hard. Only pulled it back apart twice. First time cause the slide lock lever was still on the table, and the second time when, despite measuring the hammer spring was upside down.
In the pictures are: the still in the wrapper upon arrival, flush fit-blued mec-gar 10 round magazine. I do like the feel of the pinky extension mag, that one is stainless. Picked up off ebay the $25 SAS kydex holster, the click when it seats is real loud, but it ain't uncomfortable. Thus far I've got $231 tied up in the whole kit after finding it on gunbroker for $108. If it groups nice I think I'll be right happy with it.
Happy sunday y'all
Next you'll want the Twisted Industries fiber optic sights.
https://www.hipointfirearmsforums.c...s-fiber-optic-sights-for-the-kel-tec-p11.377/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Reactions: HatRon56

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Everyday carry

It passed trials today... put 120 rounds of fmj and then another 30 of my favorite JHP carry ammo. It all went bang and generally hit every where I pointed it. Kirk, correct as usual. Sights could be better. Trigger is nice improvement. It will take some getting used to. That front sight wanders around a lot waiting for that long trigger pull but it's just something new to learn. Thus far I like it...

21 - 40 of 68 Posts