Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
It seems like this would make the P-11 much less drop-safe. The P-11 does not have a firing pin block so the heavy spring is the only protection against firing when dropped.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I don’t have this, but I have installed M*Carbo trigger spring kits in three of my bolt action rifles and a Hi-Point Carbine.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
I just installed one last night. It did not change the trigger pull weight. It is still a 10 lb trigger.

I have put in a help request with MCARBO to see if I did something wrong or ordered the wrong part.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I went and shot my P11 with MCarbo's Trigger spring and Hammer spring. The pull weight is much better than it was using factory springs. I shot 10 rounds of Remington 115 gr. HP ammo, as well as a couple of magazine loads of reloaded ammo. I didn't have any light strikes. Everything fired as it should.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man that's good to hear.
I went and shot my P11 with MCarbo's Trigger spring and Hammer spring. The pull weight is much better than it was using factory springs. I shot 10 rounds of Remington 115 gr. HP ammo, as well as a couple of magazine loads of reloaded ammo. I didn't have any light strikes. Everything fired as it should.

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,006 Posts
I just installed one last night. It did not change the trigger pull weight. It is still a 10 lb trigger.

I have put in a help request with MCARBO to see if I did something wrong or ordered the wrong part.
I updated this in another thread but just to make sure the info gets here too... The tech told me that it needed to be broken in. He specified 200 rounds of live-fire but I did 500 dry fires and another 200 slide racks. It broke in the spring and the trigger weight went down to about 5.12 lbs.

Definitely improved the trigger pull weight. Cut it in half.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
274 Posts
... needed to be broken in... and the trigger weight went down to about 5.12 lbs...
Dang! I had talked myself out of these with your first post, and you had to follow up with this.

The 5#-6# range makes it easy to shoot for most anyone; like, right there with my Kahrs and my P250s in trigger weight. Now I need to scrounge around for $45 to do both P-11’s.

...(Edit) now I’m waiting for the mail delivery, too. Luckily the reduced price is still in place.

·
Grand Poobah
2,269 Posts
I installed mine and the trigger pull was better but not by that much.
I did like the slight stacking right before the sear tripped.
I think the hammer spring is way too stiff, because the trigger spring is way lighter and the firing pin spring is stronger,I might do the paper clip mode just to see if that helps lower the pull some.
In my honest opinion, I would not have ordered this spring kit....but I will give it a few trips to the gun range to change my mind...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I installed mine and the trigger pull was better but not by that much.
I did like the slight stacking right before the sear tripped.
I think the hammer spring is way too stiff, because the trigger spring is way lighter and the firing pin spring is stronger,I might do the paper clip mode just to see if that helps lower the pull some.
In my honest opinion, I would not have ordered this spring kit....but I will give it a few trios to the gun range to change my mind...
A few ppl said it got better when ran some ammo through it. Have you had a chance to run some ?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts