Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased an MCARBO mag release upgrade for my CP33 and it really does make a difference.

Prior to the install, my CP33 would jam 2-5 times per magazine (using two mags with 17 round extensions).

After install, the same magazines had one dud round (strong primer strike, no boom) and only one jam in 300 rounds with Federal Bulk 800 round LRN ammo.

Definitely improved my reliability, so worth looking into if you are having issues.

Also, it only takes less than 15 minutes to install even if you are not mechanically inclined - check out the install video at MCARBO (starts around 12 minute mark).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Busting through 50 rounds without a jam is a hoot!

I have two more extensions that I will put on now that I have a gun that runs well as I was concerned it was an issue with the extensions.

FYI to those who don't want to read through all of the marketing, the MCARBO release seats the magazines higher up to make it so the round doesn't smash into the lower part of the feed ramp.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Still have first round issues with this installed. Using Thunderbolts.
I installed the MCarbo release 2 weeks ago. I use the American Speedloader and tap the magazine against my palm every 5-10 rounds. I also ensure the ramp is clean on magazine. Using Thunderbolts, this works great so far. Also insert the magazine slowly not slamming it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts