Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a few handguns that I intend to use for extensive range shooting. The ones I'm choosing are those with some challenges including the P11 with its long DAO trigger pull (another is a snub nosed Charter Undercover). How many rounds should I expect to wear something out on the P11? And what is likely to go first?

Thanks in advance for your input!

(After posting I found the 10/15 post on max round discussion for the P32. So now I know Kel Tec says +/-6000 rounds. Still, what wears out first? And any confirmed round counts way over 6000?)

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
All of the KelTec pistols are designed to give a minimum of 6,000 rounds of service w/o major overhaul/rebuild. That being said, none of the Keltec pistols are designed to be good or comfortable range guns. They were designed to be fired enough to be well broken in and then fired often enough to verify function and to keep the shooter current. I can't imagine you could approach 6,000 rounds and not be proficient with the P-11.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.