Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Does the wood on either side of this Yugo 24/47 crossbolt look suspect to anyone?
Looks to be a chunk of wood chipped out on the left side.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks to be a chunk of wood chipped out on the left side.
Could it be due to a problem with the crossbolt inside affected by recoil? I read on some surplus forum a guy had chipping away behind the cross bolt and had to build that area back up. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Could it be due to a problem with the crossbolt inside affected by recoil? I read on some surplus forum a guy had chipping away behind the cross bolt and had to build that area back up. Thanks.
Most likely the damage is recoil related. Possibly a poorly fitted original stock (not likely) or more likely a poorly fitted replacement stock or a crossbolt allowed to shoot loose and continuing to shoot. If it is recoil related there will also probably be some damage to the stock behind the upper tang too.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely the damage is recoil related. Possibly a poorly fitted original stock (not likely) or more likely a poorly fitted replacement stock or a crossbolt allowed to shoot loose and continuing to shoot. If it is recoil related there will also probably be some damage to the stock behind the upper tang too.
Yes, I remember reading about crack in the tang area. Something I will check out. I have a chance to buy it for maybe 250. I have not handle it yet. Just pics. Have been speaking with the guy on the phone. We'll see how it goes. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.